Comer Admits House GOP Lost Their Big Smoking Gun In Supposed Biden Probe

Rep. James Comer (R-KY) — Chairman of the House Oversight Committee — revealed House Republicans have lost a key informant in their latest so-called investigation into their favorite targets: President Biden and his family.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1457651

The Dog Ate My Homework defense.

36 Likes

This guy is lying because you cannot lose what you never had.

42 Likes

“Unfortunately, we can’t track down the informant. We’re hopeful that the informant is still there,” Comer said

Comer went on to proclaim that the informant was “taken out” by the Clinton Crime Family. A new congressional investigation would be started next week…

27 Likes

Wiley Ron Johnson, implying there’s a lot of proof, but they have none.

One point to make with Trumpers: if their whole case depends on only one witness, then there really isn’t any there there. Something like this would simply have to involve many other people with knowledge of what’s gone on. It’s ridiculous.

20 Likes

Comer will put the House on the road to subpoenaing HRC again to get to the bottom of this, and put an end to this scandal.

“Dems are ‘obstructing’ Biden family probe ‘every step of the way’.”

24 Likes

The one underlying foundational truth of conspiracy theory bullshit is that the less proof you can find of your claims, the greater the coverup and the higher up it goes. So the inability to find anything nefarious on Biden is absolute proof that Biden is guilty of even worse crimes than they claim.

33 Likes

The logic is obvious -

People die
The Clintons have known people who died
Therefore, the Clintons murdered them

27 Likes

We’re hopeful that the informant is still there,” Comer said

I assume he’s got a staffer calling bars right now to ask for Al Koholic.

19 Likes

PSST: Comer’s LYING. There is no informant, because there never was an informant.

Pass it on!

25 Likes

Wonder if their informant was that dude posting on Discord.

4 Likes

“Unfortunately, we can’t track down the informant. We’re hopeful that the informant is still there,” Comer said

This informant also has the copy of Obama’s Kenyan birth certificate!!!

37 Likes

Funny how right when George Santos is arrested the informant disappears.

48 Likes

Comic-book villains do a comically bad job of villain-ing. Updates at 11.

14 Likes

Last Wednesday, Comer released a 30-page 4-month report that said the Biden family received “questionable” monies, but nothing illegal. But he is still looking.

“I don’t think anyone in America … would think that it’s just a coincidence that nine Biden family members have received money. We believe that the president has been involved in this from the very beginning. Obviously, we’re going to continue to look.”

BTW, how much questionable monies did Trump and Kushner receive?

31 Likes

Republicans just need to admit it: Democrats are way smarter than they are.

We just crime away, but never get caught (bwa ha ha :imp:). Just look at all the fruitless investigations they’ve done over the years. And Hillary still isn’t in jail!

Meanwhile, the Republicans are all innocent little bunnies :rabbit2:, but we Democrats, using our super brains, are able to find little technicalities like illegal hush money payments and get them busted.

They need to admit it: we’re smarter than they are.

25 Likes

I left him right there! Somebody took my whistle blower, dagnabbit! And who took my glasses!?

24 Likes

The informant was real as what started this was an FBI whistleblower who claimed that in the summer of 2020, the FBI interviewed an informant who had claims of corruption against Biden (which is presumably documented in FBI records). The “cover up” was that the FBI apparently did nothing with this interview (at least according to the whistleblower).

In reality, it sounds like this informant fed the FBI a pack of lies, the agents wisely figured that out and decided there was nothing real for them to pursue at that time.

That this informant cannot apparently be found highly suggests they knew they were feeding the FBI a pack of lies and now doesn’t want to get caught for lying to the Feds. If there was any truth to what that informant provided, they’d be set for life by Republicans willing to shower them with money and fame to bring down Biden.

30 Likes

That’s a point so glaringly obvious that even Fox (!!) is making it.

28 Likes

All of it except their government salaries.

10 Likes