Comer Admits House GOP Lost Their Big Smoking Gun In Supposed Biden Probe

…the mbillions of dollars…

12 Likes

I know where he is. He’s right over there, next to that pile of WMDs.

18 Likes

That’s not my reading of it.

The “whistle-blower” is real, but that’s as far as it goes. He claimed that the FBI interviewed the “informant” (who doesn’t exist) and the FBI filled out a form with the informant’s information. Now, neither the form nor the informant can be found.

The “whistle-blower” is lying. Comer, of course, can’t find any corroboration because it doesn’t exist.

18 Likes

Oh, here he is . . .

Edit: For the uninitiated, that is Mr. Snuffleupagus, Big Bird’s imaginary friend from Sesame Street.

18 Likes

“Remember these informants are kinda in the spy business. So, they don’t make a habit of being seen a lot or being high profile or anything like that,” he added, trying to downplay the fact that their supposed smoking gun is missing.

12 Likes

If an informant is feeding you a pack of lies then he is not an informant. I mean if I am telling you the sky is falling and it is not, that makes me at best wrong, at worst a liar but as I am not providing information, an informant I am not.

4 Likes

To the GOP it doesn’t matter that there is no substance to support their baseless accusations. This is all about slime and political churn.

The GOP still regularly uses the old Carl Rove tactic of tossing an accusation into the public forum knowing that it will make an initial impression, and that a rebuttal, even one supported by hard facts, will get far less press because it is behind in the news cycle. This version of the GOP isn’t as smart or skillful as Rove, but just as poisonous.

18 Likes

I agree. Comer needs to asked if he, other GOP committee members, or their staff have ever met said informant or are only taking the ‘whistlebowers’ word for it. Because right now this ‘informant’ sounds a lot like George Santos’s erstwhile but unfindable campaign treasurer.

And those ‘whistleblowers’ seem to be disgruntled and disgraced ex-FBI agents, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the genius Rep. Comer and his committee bought a pig in a poke. These aren’t very bright folks.

18 Likes

1: They never had an informant or
2: They realized the informant was such a flake they dare not show up with him or
3: The informant realized things were getting real and wanted no part in dishing out BS under oath.

22 Likes

An add on Rove: he would never have been so lacking in polemical skill as to let the story get to the point where a GOP rep got looped into doing an obvious B.S. denial. He’d have moved on to the next faux “outrage” before the opposition rebuttal had a chance to get validated.

7 Likes

The dog ate my whistleblower.

19 Likes

His brother, George Snuffleupagus, hosts the ABC Sunday morning gasbag show.

19 Likes

Ok, fair point that we are going on the whistleblower’s word. However, they did reference a specific interview form and dates for the House GOP to make the request to the FBI. That suggests to me that the interview did happen or else the whistleblower will be proven wrong almost instantly.

Can’t rule it out, but that seems unlikely in my opinion. Much more likely is that the FBI did interview an ‘informant’ who fed them lies so ridiculous, they ruled out any further investigation.

8 Likes

“You have to infer what’s happening here… you’re not gonna get necessarily hard proof but there’s such a huge body of evidence,” Johnson said during a Fox News interview.

Does Sen. Johnson understand the definitions of words?

11 Likes

None of their money is questionable, it’s all illegal.

11 Likes

They don’t have to understand words. Saying words is enough for the treason party. (“Huge body of evidence” refers to that orange guy who used all the best words without “hard evidence” on CNN the other night.)

4 Likes

I usually think of that as “This Week Without George Snuffleupagus.” Sightings are about as frequent.

5 Likes

Was their informant unearthed by one of the multiple convicted con men “journalists” the right keep dredging up, like James o’ Keefe or Jacob Wohl?

5 Likes

I heard they also lost their smocking gun.

9 Likes

Maybe they’ll have more luck finding Comer’s long lost twin…

10 Likes