CNN: Prosecutors Explored Trump-Egypt Link In Probe Of 2016 Campaign | Talking Points Memo

Federal prosecutors spent years investigating whether money flowed through an Egyptian state bank into the coffers of Trump’s 2016 campaign for president, CNN reports.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1338533
1 Like

I am so waiting for the new AG to open the whole set of investigations on Trump.

Fat Donny might think a severe case of COVID might be his best out.

49 Likes

Lie like an Egyptian?

22 Likes

It’s really sad that my first thought on seeing that a US Attorneys had closed the investigation is speculation about whether they were acting on the up-and-up.

39 Likes

Well, will the new AG investigate the ORIGINAL impeachment resolutions that the Senate didn’t think were worth impeaching his ass for?

11 Likes

Right. Cause the guy whose tax records show has been taking staggering losses for over a decade, is a well known tightwad, and believed he was going to lose…would totally dump $10 million of his own cash into a campaign.

I have little doubt that it was a cut out, but its pure speculation as to who the money actually came from. Could be Russia. Could be UAE. Could be SA. Could be Erik Prince. Could be a bunch of Bibbi backers in Israel. Or could be somebody else.

55 Likes

I mean, it could also be straight-up Egypt.

7 Likes

Exactly. Its a very long list of possibilities.

But the name Trump does not appear on that list anywhere.

15 Likes

Hmmmm…

Oh and disco bot…fuck off. The bot tells me someone else has posted this link but I don’t see that,

8 Likes

It’s linked in the TPM story itself.

4 Likes

Someone did, Josh Kovensky.

3 Likes

So Donald Trump is the Muslim Brotherhood’s Manchurian Candidate?

Did not see that twist coming!

17 Likes

Perhaps for good reason?

1 Like

Corruption is the new norm. No, The Dotard would never dump $10 million of his own cash into what he believed was a long shot. Damn this dark money. Damn you, SCOTUS and Citizens United. There are so many snakes and so much to undo, just keeping a list of all the shit that needs fixing and then keeping track of the progress towards those fixes will require a lot of work. Blatant corruption.

32 Likes

Still I take offense when a bot is looking over my shoulder and passing judgement on what I post even though I used no foul language and did not commit an ad hominem attack on anyone. This is why I choose to call this thing a “nannybot” (no gender pejorative intended). I innocently post something and it jumps down my throat. I do not take kindly to that. Living being or not.

4 Likes

Meh, it’s stopped me from reposting links a few times.

2 Likes

The mention of Bob Mueller makes me sick.

7 Likes

Yeah first order of business starting first thing on 21 January 2021 Is to go in and blow the dust off those “closed” files.

Assuming they haven’t been incinerated on LowBarr’s way out the door.

15 Likes

So one hand told the investigators that Mueller would be taking it over, and the other hand not only didn’t tell Mueller, they specifically enjoined him from looking into financial questions.

Neat trick. But her emails!

11 Likes

Profoundly OT Please don’t ask me why your comment reminded me of this. Regardless, these guys and the Austin Lounge Lizards would make for a hell of a double bill.

10 Likes