CNN Fires Chris Cuomo After ‘Additional Information’ Emerges

I can’t care about the man. He’s a lightweight. Got the job through his dad’s influence.

1 Like

Just call them thugs. It’s what they are, and it doesn’t have ethnic connotations, and so shouldn’t offend anyone.

Yes, I just want to reiterate how damn stupid this talk of needing “ELECTION INTEGRIGTY!!!” is.
I just find it funny that so many “elected”, or have been “elected” to office, either don’t know how the process works, or are just plain playing dumb. Oh and don’t get me started on the lawyers.

2 Likes

I have one question for the old-timers here: would Walter Cronkite have done something like Fredo did? Peter Jennings? Chet Huntley?

How far we’ve sunk as news consumers when we slap our foreheads & say “but it was his brother!”

It’s not like his kid was hit by a car or something. His brother was being investigated by the NY Attorney General for suspected criminal activity

He should have taken a leave of absence. If he had, he’d have a clean record and he might’ve found a way to forestall the everlasting stain on their father’s legacy

PS: I used to work with CC, so I called him Fredo on purpose

PPS: I hope that anyone at CNN who assisted him in any way also gets fired

1 Like

I don’t want to say I learned more calculus taking physics than I did in math class, but it certainly felt that way. Just one “aha!” moment after another. Anytime you approach a subject from a different angle, you get new perspectives. But that’s true of all sorts of mathematics even without a physical application. I swear every math prof in my college department had a cartoon of the six blind men examining an elephant posted on their door.

1 Like

In another life I was part of the team that did the scored-by-humans part of standardized tests, so you sure don’t have to tell me that!

I think a lot of times teachers get a bad rap, but that’s partly because our society has created systems where they get very little support for actually becoming better teachers.

1 Like

I think you especially should see this but please don’t have nightmares and wake up screaming. This may be the worst thing I’ve ever seen. It’s genius-level stupid. I’m just—oh my God. I don’t have the cheap gin it calls for to short out my nervous system for a few hours of fitful sleep.

2 Likes

I thought for a moment that the reindeer were pooping on TFG’s head. But now I see that it’s just Santa dropping ordinance.

2 Likes

OK I hate to do this but there was a certain aspect of the alleged Christmas card that jumped out at many, many people whose minds are more gutter-bound than ours. I’ve taken the liberty of dotting the i’s, as 'twere. Do forgive me. You won’t be able to unsee it but the full idiocy must shine forth. A few more points: He forgot Barron. He put Ivanka in front of his supposed wife. And he’s NOT THE FUCKING PRESIDENT. Outside of that and literally everything else about it, hey, nice card!

1 Like

I didn’t follow much of it either.

For what it’s worth, I just saw Al Franken tonight. Someone suggested that he run against Cruz and the whole house erupted. Of course, having to move to Texas appears to be a deal breaker.

1 Like

Granted, but couldn’t we do any better in Germany than this “stoplight” kludge? I mean sure, installing a female former scientist, daughter of a minister, ended up playing mommy to most of Europe was a tough act to follow, but still, we do have certain standards to maintain.

Truth is…music is the math of sound.

1 Like

Is that Neal Peart or Bob Mueller?

1 Like

Is that the official card or a parody card?

1 Like

This could be relevant to this discussion:

Chris Cuomo Faced Sexual Misconduct Accusation Before CNN Fired Him - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

So maybe he had his hand in the proverbial cookie jar as well?

With this asswipe, there’s very little difference between the two.

Who. Knows. I saw it being treated as real. I’ve seen things as bad. This is what slowly losing your mind feels like, assuming that isn’t what’s happening. I suppose it isn’t or there’d be a bit of a stir. Or would there be?

1 Like

I just don’t think that 45* would permit the frowny face and the black and white. He’s a gilt and colorful red velvet guy. Also, absence of trophy wife. Though of course, I appreciate the Sears Portrait Studio composite of the beheaded children dangling above him.

1 Like

Franken’s was juvenile clowning for the camera. No evidence he ran around grabbing women’s breasts. Cuomo’s was repeated and seemingly compulsive behavior. That made it self-destructive, too.

2 Likes

So judgemental. This is what a negative half billionaire with legal bills can afford, okay?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available