CNN Exec Doubles Down On Sean Duffy Hire Even As Network’s Talent Trashes Him

It’s long past time for Dem politicians to push back against CNN as well. They need to call the network out when on a show or being interviewed and even stop going on the network. Liberals in general need to stop watching.

Sorry, but this bullshit of “all points of view” is just that, bullshit. Does CNN feel the need to hire actual socialist to present that side? Oh no they don’t do they. This is how the right-wing is finally reaping the benefits of 40 years of public media bashing (and they did have a plan!) while liberals just stood around and laughed. It worked people!

I’ve joked that if Hitler literally rose from the grave as a zombie and entered politics that CNN and the NYT would rush out to hire nazi zombies to “present all sides fairly”.

6 Likes

To reach the height of stupidity and the depth of lunacy all in the same moment takes real talent. CNN gets good marks for this achievement.

4 Likes

That’s an easy one. There aren’t any, any more. The modern Republican party claims the heritage of a conservative movement which had some modicum of intellectual integrity, but has sorted itself into a cult. Defenders of it are, almost by definition, not rational.

10 Likes

Real reason: It cuts into profits.

7 Likes

I stopped watching CNN when they started to load up their programs with 12 people for a 10 minute piece. Same for FOX, when you don’t have “experts” on subjects but opinions on subjects you’re not doing your job.

5 Likes

CNN’s ratings are third behind Fox and MSNBC. And not a close 3rd place either.

6 Likes

He’s got tampons coming out of his ears because there is a bloody discharge where his brain was supposed to be.

1 Like

This is not an example of white, puffy, middle aged male demographic?

5 Likes

I stopped when the same “Breaking news” I watched in the morning was still being labeled as “Breaking news” when I put it on again after dinner.

10 Likes

“Naked bungee jumping. Are you ready to take the plunge?”

8 Likes

I think one has to make a distinction between actual conservatives and current Republicans.

To your point, I guess if they are looking for Trump supporters (as opposed to intelligent conservatives) then maybe they are stuck with nothing but crazy people.

5 Likes

Just remember that CNN, like MSNBC, is in the entertainment business. Entertaining their viewers is important to ratings. Fox on the other hand is in the propaganda business. Entertainment is important only as a tool to make the propaganda go down.

7 Likes

Yes, I’ve tried to get the US Holocaust Museum to get several known Holocaust deniers on their board and give them a voice, just to show how dumb they are.

The stupidity and dumbness is not the point. I don’t need this stupid sonofabitch on any network farting out of his mouth.

7 Likes

It’s like giving someone from the Flat Earth Society equal time to balance out the NASA scientist who says the earth is round.

7 Likes

No, it’s “Can you measure up to take the plunge?” Gotta play on mens’ fears of inadequacy at every turn.

6 Likes

I thin you’re taking me a little too seriously. The key part was the second part.

I yearn for the days of Norman Mailer, Gore Vidal and William F. Buckley kicking the crap outta each other.

5 Likes

He is so much smarter than Tucker Carlson constantly pretends to be.

4 Likes

From my point of view, CNN is a big part of the problem because they’re an entertainment channel posing as a news channel that has a stranglehold on the national discourse as we focus on gossip and speculation because it’s better for ratings. They’re conformists who support liberal policies but like Republicans better and think that makes them moderates. I find it doubtful they’ll allow my viewpoint on the air.

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:. How awful of you. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes