‘Church’ Selling Bleach As COVID Cure Hit With Criminal Charges | Talking Points Memo

“That’s when you pick up guns, right?” he said. “You want a Waco? Do they want a Waco?”

I’m okay with another “Waco.”* You know how that one ended, right?

*The Branch Davidian thing. One City of Waco is plenty already, thanks.

3 Likes

Geez, how dumb can you get??

(Note: rhetorical question, no response expected.)

4 Likes

Oooooooh, gotta get me one of those!

2 Likes

The affidavit alleges that the Grenons’ “church” is simply a front for their bleach business.

Hmmmm… White Power?

6 Likes

If you locate a site online let me know.

I gotta jump in the shower. Its like 96 degrees here and 110% humidity outside today, and I’m schvitzing. Rain coming tonight but its only supposed to saturate the air even more when that happens.

1 Like

What rotten aholes. Can they send them to JAIL??? I hate to think they would just be ‘fined’.

3 Likes

Fine. I guess you won’t care what your cellmate does either.

4 Likes

He’s not using his own snake oil. IF he was he’d be bluegrey by now.

1 Like

Praise the Lord… They really need to stop this nonsense. Any religion that is worth while puts people’s safety first and foremost, well ahead of paying the minister’s salary.

Why weren’t they prosecuted in the past? Oh! That’s right. It’s Florida.

1 Like

Sort of the reverse of the MAGA hat that could, unfortunately, end up in an ass kicking.

Except when the dumbasses give it to their autistic kids. You know, if 3 drops are good, 6 or 12 are probably better because Johnny is really autistic. The label does say it’s sacramental.

1 Like

Another example of Trump only hiring “the finest people”. They even screw up their own jail release during a pandemic.

“One of the questions was “Do you work for any government or nongovernment agencies” such as the FDA or DOJ. “The reason we’re asking this is . . . they’re trying to cause us trouble,” the questionnaire said, per the affidavit. “And all we’re trying to do is get [MMS] to everyone.””

LOL! Might as well start packing for prison if you’re going to announce your consciousness of guilt on your fraud scheme paperwork like that hahahahaha!!! These people are as fucking stupid as the people they’re duping. Pathetic. Can’t wait to watch them hire some half-baked imbecile attorney who’s willing to try to claim that this is all immune from prosecution as a religious practice.

1 Like

Quick, run this case to John Roberts and the christian conservative extremist, christian rapist and assorted Republican minions on the Supreme Court. They will be happy to hear anything and do anything for their Party. Christian churches should be able to peddle in anything including drugs, require forced transvaginal probing of young women and engage in pedophilia anytime they want.

. . . yes, just imagine if the claims of churches were regulated the way drugs and consumer products were regulated.

Probably the only one that would pass muster is the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I mean, everyone likes pasta, right?

Yeah FSM for eternity!!

1 Like

Love the colander. How is it any more ridiculous than a bishop’s mitre?

1 Like

I am really interested to know…now that SCOTUS has allowed the church schools/buisnesses to declare their workers to be “ministers” so that they can exclude them from insurance coverage for women’s health…do those newly minted “ministers” get all the tax breaks that the church takes for their other operations?

More than likely. When I retired in 2010 I moved to East TN to be closer to my kids as I aged. It was a mistake, but that is another story. The current discussion is about all those “preachers” I have meet and I must say they have been some of the most foul mouthed, lying people you will ever come across. They surely do not represent anyone of whom I would want to be my spiritual guide.

All I could think of when I meet the type then and now is a reprise of a NY Catskills area scam that NY tax authorities slapped down hard many years ago. That scam involved many people ordering and receiving mail-order minister certificates that they then used to claim that they were tax exempt. NY law was changed to require an actual church, no more claiming services in your home. The law also required that membership of your “church” have members other than your immediate family.

Or another that I came across when I lived in Nebraska. Seemed there were, usually closed, churches on just about every other corner in the town. I inquired of co-workers the reason. The answer was that the members would have a disagreement and instead of working it out they would split up and form their own church. Was told that it then caused all kinds of issues with prime lots becoming tax exempt. And even with the church closed and the building just rotting away the owners, think family, would refuse to sell because they still could take advantage of the tax exempt status.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available