‘Church’ Selling Bleach As COVID Cure Hit With Criminal Charges | Talking Points Memo

This is a real two for one deal: cure COVID, and bleach your sins away.

3 Likes

That month, after the Grenons started promoting MMS as a COVID-19 cure, their monthly sales revenue went from around $32,000 per month, on average, to $123,000, according to the feds — a nearly four-fold increase.

Sometimes you just have to stop and weep for the stupidity.

6 Likes

Oh wow. I was just mentioning this the other day. Someone beat me to the punch. Niiiice.

Its better than a billboard. These masks can be like this year’s walking billboards.

7 Likes

a family business of sorts that, according to authorities, sold a half-million dollars in “Miracle Mineral Solution” (MMS) products to their devoted followers over the past year.

Its like when Indian Tribal Gaming compacts come up in California; something I don’t care for and ruins the particiants and their families over time, but sooooooooo well deserved I just can’t hope they get shut down.

Or smile, knowing that Darwin is right.

1 Like

“That’s when you pick up guns, right?” he said. “You want a Waco? Do they want a Waco?”

I’m okay with another “Waco.”* You know how that one ended, right?

*The Branch Davidian thing. One City of Waco is plenty already, thanks.

3 Likes

Geez, how dumb can you get??

(Note: rhetorical question, no response expected.)

4 Likes

Oooooooh, gotta get me one of those!

2 Likes

The affidavit alleges that the Grenons’ “church” is simply a front for their bleach business.

Hmmmm… White Power?

6 Likes

If you locate a site online let me know.

I gotta jump in the shower. Its like 96 degrees here and 110% humidity outside today, and I’m schvitzing. Rain coming tonight but its only supposed to saturate the air even more when that happens.

1 Like

What rotten aholes. Can they send them to JAIL??? I hate to think they would just be ‘fined’.

3 Likes

Fine. I guess you won’t care what your cellmate does either.

4 Likes

He’s not using his own snake oil. IF he was he’d be bluegrey by now.

1 Like

Praise the Lord… They really need to stop this nonsense. Any religion that is worth while puts people’s safety first and foremost, well ahead of paying the minister’s salary.

Why weren’t they prosecuted in the past? Oh! That’s right. It’s Florida.

1 Like

Sort of the reverse of the MAGA hat that could, unfortunately, end up in an ass kicking.

Except when the dumbasses give it to their autistic kids. You know, if 3 drops are good, 6 or 12 are probably better because Johnny is really autistic. The label does say it’s sacramental.

1 Like

Another example of Trump only hiring “the finest people”. They even screw up their own jail release during a pandemic.

“One of the questions was “Do you work for any government or nongovernment agencies” such as the FDA or DOJ. “The reason we’re asking this is . . . they’re trying to cause us trouble,” the questionnaire said, per the affidavit. “And all we’re trying to do is get [MMS] to everyone.””

LOL! Might as well start packing for prison if you’re going to announce your consciousness of guilt on your fraud scheme paperwork like that hahahahaha!!! These people are as fucking stupid as the people they’re duping. Pathetic. Can’t wait to watch them hire some half-baked imbecile attorney who’s willing to try to claim that this is all immune from prosecution as a religious practice.

1 Like

Quick, run this case to John Roberts and the christian conservative extremist, christian rapist and assorted Republican minions on the Supreme Court. They will be happy to hear anything and do anything for their Party. Christian churches should be able to peddle in anything including drugs, require forced transvaginal probing of young women and engage in pedophilia anytime they want.

. . . yes, just imagine if the claims of churches were regulated the way drugs and consumer products were regulated.

Probably the only one that would pass muster is the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I mean, everyone likes pasta, right?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available