‘Church’ Selling Bleach As COVID Cure Hit With Criminal Charges | Talking Points Memo

The Feds have had enough of a Florida “church” selling bleach as a COVID-19 cure.

On Wednesday, criminal charges were unsealed against the leadership of “Genesis II Church of Health and Healing,” allegedly a family business of sorts that, according to authorities, sold a half-million dollars in “Miracle Mineral Solution” (MMS) products to their devoted followers over the past year.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1319574

Churches should limit themselves to selling salvation and prosperity blessings because: a) It’s not regulated, b) Marks don’t realized that they been had until they die.

5 Likes

Florida church ______________________________________________

I’m gonna go way out on a limb with a guess. They’re Trumpanzees?

10 Likes

They’re everywhere, they’re everywhere!

6 Likes

Other than that they should be taxed and regulated as any business selling a product. I’ll add that the “preachers” income based on those sales also needs to be taxed.

13 Likes

Nail them to a cross. Then lock them up while still on the cross.

2 Likes

So the Feds gave them an itch…

1 Like

I’m sure the supreme court will overrule the southern district of florida DA on first amendment grounds. I don’t see much difference between religious freedom giving one the right to sell bleach and religious freedom giving one the right to deny employees health benefits.

13 Likes

Someone need to make sure that those Charlatan Fake Christians and their churches will kiss goodbye their tax exempt status…

9 Likes

Remember when imPotus at one of his coronavirus don and pony shows started rambling about applying bleach to infected lungs? Guess who contacted him earlier that week: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-leader-group-peddling-bleach-cure-lobbied-trump-coronavirus

14 Likes

I would vote for any candidate not named Trump , that promises to tax churches. What with those Bentley riding preachers with private jets and humongous houses. The fact that they are not going to deliver on anything that they promise their “flock” should not be an excuse for not paying taxes.

2 Likes

Drinking bleach makes your white skin more white and bright.

That’s mighty white of them.

1 Like

6 Likes

OMG!! You mean Sky Pilots other than Jim Bakker are so crooked they have to twist their pants on in the morning?

Who knew?

1 Like

Tom Winter
@Tom_Winter

·

2m

BREAKING / NBC News: Michael Cohen has been remanded back into the custody of federal authorities and will be sent back to jail. This comes after pictures were taken of Cohen at a Manhattan restaurant outside of his residence this weekend. NBC’s Adam Reiss reports.

9 Likes

How many restaurants does he have in his residence?

6 Likes

In a February interview cited in the affidavit, Mark Grenon noted that religious institutions were insulated from the law governing commercial ventures.

This applies solely to your snake handling concession.

2 Likes

Well, the taxi medallion thing didn’t work out so he had to try other things.

2 Likes

Never heard of Uber Eats Mikey? Hope they extend his sentence for violating the terms of his release.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available