Christie Won’t ‘Defer To Anyone’ Including Trump In Weighing 2024 Presidential Bid | Talking Points Memo

Liz Cheney up against Kamala Harris? Interesting concept but for a number of reasons, I don’t think it’s very likely for 2024. Also don’t think Christie will ever have a path to the Presidency.

3 Likes

Does anyone of any consequence really care?

3 Likes

Why can’t these people leave us alone?

2 Likes

The MAGAts won’t trust him because they know that Trump didn’t trust him. And if Christie doesn’t make a show of kissing Donald’s ring – which it sounds like he’s ruled out – then he’ll be the target of Trump attacks. The rest of the GOP might go for Christie, but they can’t win without the enthusiasm of the base.

3 Likes

1 Like

This ass hole singlehandedly blocked essential infrastructure funds from flowing from the federal government to NY/NJ metro area when he was NJ Governor. Tunnel Traffic and public safety be dammed.
Trump Lap Dog #2 behind Rudy.

7 Likes

Depending on 2022 elections, the SCOTUS, Democrats’ ability to enact election reform, the economy and myriad other uncontrollable factors, can we all agree that 2024 is a lifetime away?

Christie is stuck back in 2012 when he was supposed to be the next Republican golden boy - he is almost as distant from reality as Trump himself. He is far past his sell by date politically, but he just can’t get past it.

3 Likes

Interesting choice of words in the headline…coincidence? I don’t think so…

3 Likes

The Taft bathtub, I assume? Nice.

3 Likes

"Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ® has said he will opt to take a different tact . . "

The word you were looking for, Zoe, is tack.

Please get an English-speaking proofreader, Josh!!

3 Likes

I thought Christie was the outlawed Jersey whale?

1 Like

Christie has a blocked bridge he’d like to sell you.

My momma taught me that if it sounds too good to be true, it is probably not true. An outlaw Jersey whale selling a bridge meets that description, so I’m going to take a hard pass on the offer.

1 Like

“Any physician will agree with me that being President of the United States is much easier than maintaining a healthy weight!”

Gotta keep pretending he has a shot to keep getting those gigs on tv.

4 Likes

Why not compete on American Ninja Warrior while you’re at it, Christie? I think your chance of winning that is every bit as good!

2 Likes

As tempting as it is to tell jokes about Big Fatty, I mean Chris Christie “WEIGHING” anything, the only rational reason he would run for president is it helps make money doing other things like the lecture circuit and television.

1 Like

Yep. A fine choice when you actually know from whence it came.

3 Likes

Along with the Andrew Jackson giant cheddar, perhaps.

1 Like

That’s “The Outsize Jersey Whale” to you, Bub.

2 Likes