Christie Won’t ‘Defer To Anyone’ Including Trump In Weighing 2024 Presidential Bid | Talking Points Memo

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) has said he will opt to take a different tact to some of the Republicans mulling presidential bids in 2024. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1374483
1 Like

This guy is like a bad penny, he always keep coming back…

18 Likes

Do it, Mr. Bridgeblocker. You’ll go down in flames just like you did in 2016.

16 Likes

Christie defers to carbohydrates…

5 Likes

My first thoughts upon seeing this story: Cue the music: Send in the Clowns. Conditioned reflex, I guess.

5 Likes

Well, he’s an easy go for the Democratic oppo teams.
Pictures of him and his family alone, enjoying a beach closed to the public, would be a good starting point.
He’s a Trumper through and through. A natural.

7 Likes

Wow this really can’t read the room can he?

Along with Guiliani’s spawn the egotistical blindness is epic.

They really need to get a job

13 Likes

Does he really think anyone cares?

5 Likes

Evidently the Outlaw Jersey Whale has a predictable migration pattern, one that includes running for president every four years.

14 Likes

How brazen is this guy? His people took the fall for him on Bridgegate, the madam rarely being a virgin, and it’s pretty obvious to any reasonable person. He’s a deeply unpleasant person, from what I read he lies a lot, and I really don’t see what he campaigns on exactly. But sure, pal, knock yourself out. At least it’s a more or less rational person not willing to pretend that Trump could run in '24.

20 Likes

I wonder if he’s going to try another lap-band surgery?

5 Likes

If he wins the White House will have to dig this out of storage.

6 Likes

Yes, even Haley has her hands dirty with Trump scum. All these 2024 R-candidates will have to convince Americans that they’ve been completely deloused.

In that respect, Liz Cheney will have them all beat.

12 Likes

Nikki thinks she will be the next VEEP nominee and Christie…oh hell.

3 Likes

I vote they all get sent to the delousing showers. But first they have to hand over their eyeglasses, gold fillings and shoes.

Oh, Crispy. You are such a spineless, lying turd.

3 Likes

Since we’re all real woke around this shebeen, isn’t it body-shaming to use “weighing” and “Christie” together in the headline? Just askin’ …

8 Likes

Can will still use the word cheeseburger when discussing Christie?

1 Like

Did TPM intentionally use the word ‘weighing’?

7 Likes

Lord I guess I’ll have to wait until I die before all these guys are also dead.

Truly I wanted to see the next generation come into power.

2 Likes