Chip Roy Declares Military Should Be ‘Killing People And Blowing Stuff Up’

They aren’t being cautious, they are embracing their inner Farragut.

7 Likes

Have GOP Congresspeople always been this over-the-top godawful? We seem to be hitting new lows with them daily.

6 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmm…where to start???

3 Likes

During the at times bonkers interview, Roy offered some vague answers to the question that he and his colleagues haven’t been able to answer for weeks. He said the party wants to “freeze the woke weaponized bureaucracy” and “go to war” with “bureaucrats” to save the country.

The bureaucrats are the enemy,” Roy said on Fox Business. “The American people are what drive this country forward. Let’s go to war with the enemy and the bureaucrats. Let’s save this country and I think that’s what the Republican message ought to be.”

Uno) they have to be impartial,but I wish reporters started giving out loaded questions.

Dos) Republicans are thisclose to repudiating everything that made the Republican Party successful regarding civil rights.

5 Likes

He’s a Yankee (he’s from Maryland) and like most opportunists (Crockett), Texas is an opportunity.

5 Likes

Don’t give them ideas.

(The non-Navy side of what’s now the DoD was called the Department of War before 1947. It ran the Army. We had a separate Department of the Navy back then, and the Air Force, when it existed, was part of the War Deparrtment.)

1 Like

That might be an effective tactic if the Executive was smart. Find out how many SS recipients there are in his district (or any brainless rep), the number of VA healthcare beneficiaries, how many grant-funded programs, the value of federal-aid highway projects, etc, etc, and say - “OK, we’re starting the cuts here, with your district, and we’ll go from there”. The rep himself will deny that any of it is “federal spending” because, again, brainless.

1 Like

So he’s in one of the districts that was gerrymandered to prevent democrats in Austin from having a voice in the national legislature?

8 Likes

The bureaucrats are American people too, ya know. Those are citizens, not aliens. Like some famous Republican once said “a government of the people, by the people, for the people.”

Well, there ya have it-- if we default it’s Biden’s fault for not giving in to their demands.

And if those demands include cutting Medicare and Social Security, it will ALSO be Biden’s fault they were cut . . . for giving in to their demands.

Win-win for assholes.

11 Likes

Our country is sick.

Because we are putting down right now what we want to demand for the American people, which is getting the government out of their way, growing this economy and restoring America where it needs to be.

But the economy is growing you moronic witless clown. But then you get inflation, and people complain and demand the government does something about that.

Jeebus, it’s hard to fool the people when the foolers are so effing stupid and ignorant.

2 Likes

So how does Chip Roy feel about the 1993 siege of Waco instigated by the Branch Davidians? It ended because government in his words engaged in “killing people and blowing stuff up.”

3 Likes

I’m theeking yeah, but it’s a guess.

1 Like

You know, just looking at him and listening to the things he says makes me think he is a really balanced, thoughtful, and sober fellow. Except not at all.

3 Likes

I think the Air Force and the Trump Force (or whatever he called it) need to go back into the Army. Likewise, the Marine Corps needs to go back into the Navy. USAF vets are already screaming, but aside from missiles, and show-of-force and/or overpriced invisible bombers, mostly they just move the Army around. Which is a necessary thing. I’ve never read up on it, but the Marines were always the ground troops for the Navy when show-of-force (say, on the shores of, I dunno, Tripoli) was sea-based and not air-based but do they need to be their own branch of the MIC? Marines would still be Marines (because once a Marine …), but we could probably get rid of several layers of bureaucracy (through attrition, please, not layoffs) by putting them back under the Navy.

2 Likes

I’m sure President Biden would be happy to negotiate th budget; the next one. The debt limit is about providing money we already spent. Also, too, Chip Roy is a fundamentally stupid man.

8 Likes

How’s ‘zombie sheep?’
From the voodoo of the Outer Hebrides.

2 Likes

Actually we must curtail the defense budget to tie the hands of “Let’s go to war” nut cases like Chip Roy.

1 Like

If I were to look up Chip Roy, would I find that he was a veteran who actually served in the military as a combatant, or is he another one of those draft-dodging chicken-hawks who believes other people’s children should give their lives to maintain his standard of living?

5 Likes

Is Chip Roy smarter or dumber than McQ? This interview sounds completely nuts. But I can’t tell if Roy is smart and evil, or dumb and evil.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available