Chip Roy Declares Military Should Be ‘Killing People And Blowing Stuff Up’

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Cluck, cluck, cluck!

Unhh… Mr Roy?
In case ya weren’t aware(very possible in his case) the various parts of your government will grind to a halt if you “go to war” against “bureaucrats” considering they’re the folks who make stuff work. Just look in your own office for example. Those folk there are your bureaucrats. So do you wanna sic the military on yer own office???

5 Likes

Performance Art by heartless people.

9 Likes

Mr Roy, blathering is not governing, it’s just blathering. So get to work reading bills so ya know wtf you are voting on will ya?

2 Likes

When morons like Chip Roy talk about “bureaucrats” it’s usually code for a few specific branches of government they’d like to just do away with completely. The IRS, the Department of Education, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Bureau of Land Management, and lately the FBI. They want to keep everything else.

7 Likes

Given that he considers “woke” people to be the enemy, and he wants a “non-woke” defense to kill people, his call for outright murder just leap-frogged over dog whistle territory.

Doesn’t sound very support the troops to me.

1 Like

Ok then
Without the IRS the government would have no organized income. Not to mention it would be unConstitutional
Without education our work force and economy would fail in short order.
Without the EPA Mr Roy might get bad case of large B cell lymphoma. He should talk to Jamie Raskin about how it feels to go thru chemo.
Without the BLM regulating land use we’d have crappy looking national parks and range land due to over grazing.
Without the FBI we’d have presidents getting away with seizing power and declaring themselves dictator for life. Is that the kind of country Mr Roy wants? I sure don’t.

9 Likes

Chip Roy appears to have exactly 0 defense contractors in his district. So let’s see where he thinks the waste is. Who knows, maybe he could get maneuvered into screaming about transport inefficiencies from having supply spread all over the place, and piss off basically every other Republican in Congress. :wink:

1 Like

Here’s the exit plan - start minting $1T platinum coins. It is a silly solution, but only half as silly as letting the US default due to a dubious and, likely, un-Constitutional, 100-year old statute. Take the weapon away from the traitors once and for all.

Well after our experience with pandemic unemployment assistance, we could totally go to war with the bureaucrats who made the application form so opaque that two adults with college degrees couldn’t understand the criteria without calling on hold for four days. Somehow I don’t think that’s who he meant.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

When it comes to paying my taxes, I’m the bureaucrat. Spent a whole damn Sunday filing the thing.

I don’t want to be the target of war, I want to be fired and replaced by a new IRS computer that compiles my boss’ and banks’ data they have already sent it, and mails me a statement with a bill or a refund check attached.

I bet millions of taxpayers would just accept the IRS statement and move on, even if they were entitled to a few extra bucks worth of charitable deduction or something. It would be a revenue raiser.

2 Likes

Chip Roy was noticeably smarter when he first came to public attention. He was still awful, but he’s descended into a much dumber and more feral version of himself these days. I suspect that’s because his district was redrawn to make it much redder, such that it now permits and encourages him to be the dumbest and most feral version of himself.

14 Likes

Chip Roy…proof that peurile, bellicose and bigoted is no way to go through life.

4 Likes

Chip Roy - “That blowed up good … that blowed up real good.”

5 Likes

God damn, Candy’s so young there…

2 Likes

30% National Sales Tax!

No government money for secular education, and tax deferrals for private religious schools of the White Christian Nationalist persuasion. We need to get Jebus back into our kid’s lives!

Small price to pay to free the regulation shackles from our job-creating polluting industries!

Ammon Bundy says the BLM is Anti-American and restricts our Freedumbs, so it has to go!

They’re just nosy bureaucrats with too much power. Our local Sheriffs can handle break-ins and searches of people we don’t like.

(Ouch, it’s too early to start drinking and it hurts to channel the R’s this way).

6 Likes

Stupid serves quite well as it covers most of the bases (virtually all of Mr Roy’s) but more specifically as Dietrich Bonhoeffer notes viz “[stupidity is] a more dangerous enemy of the good than evil … Neither protest nor force can touch it. Reasoning is of no use. Facts that contradict personal prejudices can simply be disbelieved. [In a larger group] … the stupid person will also be capable of any evil and at the same time incapable of seeing that it is evil.”

On a personal level I weary of people like Chip Roy because they insist we take their gross misunderstandings and febrile fantasies seriously and further more, since they are immune to correction, are obliged to use those mischaracterizations of reality as the basis for further discussion; frankly wasting time in futility like that makes me feel f*cking stupid myself.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

6 Likes

He still is: “Republican”.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available