Chief Judge Of Kacsmaryk’s District Will Ignore New Anti-Judge Shopping Policy

The chief judge of the northern district of Texas, home to infamous Trump judge Matthew Kacsmaryk, has informed Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) that the district will not change its case assigning practices, in repudiation of a new anti-judge shopping policy.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1484877

Yes, so very surprising that the group responsible for running up what could be considered ‘legally dubious’ cases (or in more general parlance, ‘complete and utter horseshit’) is willing to ignore the recommendation. So I suppose the proper response would be to, as they say, add this to the Federal Rules, and then follow through on the proper enforcement policies… which, gods willing, involves a gauntlet to the proverbial face.

33 Likes

Why did he inform Chuck Schumer? Isn’t the Judicial Conference non-partisan? EDIT: Oh just read the rest of the article :slight_smile: He was replying to Schumer’s letter asking him to comply.

5 Likes

Okie doke - when does the Senate revoke all the funding for the fifth district? Yes, I know they don’t get to control it, but the spigot needs to be turned off.

You no play-a da game; you no make-a da rules.

These folks need to get shut down and now.

14 Likes

Why DOESN’T Texas just secede? They clearly don’t want to follow the laws of this country or any recommendations for the UNITED good.

15 Likes

Typical GQP, if you find yourself losing, just change or ignore the rules. Those rules are for the little people.

12 Likes

“You’re not the boss of me! Thbbpt!”

13 Likes

BUILD THE WALL!
BUILD THE WALL!
BUILD THE WALL!

6 Likes

Just one more example of the corruption of our court systems! Personally, if I were Schumer, I would simply tell Chief Judge David Godbey, that if the Democrats by chance take both the Houses of Congress in November, the second order of business (the first will be to do away with the filibuster) will be to start impeachment proceedings against him and Judge Kacsmaryk. which should take all of two days. Yeah, I know that won’t happen, because the Democrats are incapable of playing political hardball, as they believe stupidly that right will out. Wusses, all of them.

12 Likes

Chief Judge Of Kacsmaryk’s District Will Ignore New Anti-Judge Shopping Policy

In other words, ‘We got our go-to guy for this issue, and we’re sticking with him.’

17 Likes

Is it more than a family resemblance?

8 Likes

It’s an admission that the rulings coming from the Northern District are not based on an unbiased interpretation of the law, but are instead nakedly partisan.

31 Likes

10 Likes

Matthew Kacsmaryk

I did not vote for Mr. Kacsmaryk.
His governing doesn’t have my consent.

13 Likes

I have lost all respect for dannydorko!

Can’t even spell “THBBFT” correctly!

ACK!

6 Likes

Since it’d be obvious to everyone that Democrats would never manage to get the 2/3 majority of the Senate to impeach, it’d be a silly thing to threaten and a massive waste of time that would be best spent on things that they could plausibly do. There’s a pretty long list of items on that list, so time matters.

11 Likes

It is way past time for Kacsmaryk to be removed from the Judicial Bench. Impeachment anyone?

3 Likes

America is so big it thinks it is the world. Texas is so big it thinks it is America.

11 Likes

They will never get enough to impeach, but they can get enough to make the rules binding on all Courts.

13 Likes

David Godbey should tell Chief Justice John Roberrts to his face…

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available