Cheney Underscores ‘Threat’ Of Trump Before Public Hearings

Ah yes, another diner where the KKKult goes to fail their IQ tests…

At least the crayons are free though…and taste better than breadsticks…

14 Likes

and that the list of nominees for the award is so short

23 Likes

Well, Dumbledore gave ten points to Gryffindor for pretty much the same things, so…

In all seriousness, I’ve never been a fan of anyone named Cheney but she has taken very serious personal and career risks by doing what is in fact her job. I’m all for it.

37 Likes

Don’t forgot the other still-dead Senators:

number of US senators who are in fact deceased, including John McCain, Harry M Reid and Orrin G Hatch.

14 Likes

Then let’s build a wall around it, and charge an exorbitant fee to enter the U.S. from there, not to mention stiff tariffs for all goods sourced there.

5 Likes

Liz just may keep her seat…but if she doesn’t, the resultant honor and renown she will receive will more than compensate.

22 Likes

I’m hoping for a blockbuster series of hearings that rips the hide off the GOP, exposes everyone at the highest levels of government, draws blood, and destroys political careers and reputations, but I’m not holding my breath.

41 Likes

Ever the Republican, Conway blames Republican fascism and insurrectionism on Democrats not taking Republican fascism and insurrectionism seriously enough.

22 Likes

The Russians are obviously afraid that the ghost of John McCain will come visiting. Maybe crashing a jet fighter into the men’s room of the Kremlin?

7 Likes

What? You can’t ban God!

7 Likes

Well, you can try, but really, he doesn’t give a shit.

9 Likes

I wish I could go back in time to those blissful days before I had ever seen the word “ReTruthed.”

12 Likes

In my last post, I betrayed my optimism that we will prevail…because if the GOP prevails honor and renown would not mean the same thing.

And, in that sense, I appreciate Conway for harping on Democrats not taking things seriously enough.

2016 was ALL that ever was. There is no excuse for our letting Trump in the WH, with our intramural squabbling, Third Party nonsense and general non-participation in voting for Hillary Clinton.

Yes, her campaign style can be nit-picked. But we are talking about voting for President, not picking the right i-phone

19 Likes

“The question for every one of us is in this time of testing, will we do our duty, will we defend our Constitution, will we stand for truth, will we put duty to our oath above partisan politics?” Cheney said.

“Or will we look away from danger, ignore the threat, embrace the lies and enable the liar?” Cheney continued.

It almost feels like Kinzinger and Cheney are signaling to their fellow Republicans that they might want to get out in front of this shit now before it’s too late. Once the hearings begin, there’s no turning back and there’ll be no more room for “It wasn’t that bad.” Sure, they can sell that shit to people who already believe it, but you need more than the far right to win the midterms, and telling people that really awful things aren’t that bad has a way of turning them off.

56 Likes

What that Cassidy fucker said today is, to me, genocidal. The GOP is rudderless…and by that word I mean that Trump has decreed a racist free-zone of self-expressing normlessness.

It will be interesting to see the J6 effect on that.

15 Likes

This one?

Wake me when they don’t fail at something…

5 Likes

They didn’t want to go anyway. It’s fine.

I kinda like it. He gave us a name that’s an especially rich target for laughter and derision.

3 Likes

Which brings up the question of what a “leader” is, and why there are so few in the GQP, and why those whom they look to as “leaders” are definitely on the dark side.
A leader, instead of cowering in fear of the Fat Orange Thing would be out and about explaining to the uneducated base why Trump is:
A) not to be feared, because calling you a name is not really going to hurt you.
B) that Republicans actually Could be leaders if they were not obsessed with permanent control of our government.
C) that expecting the government to make all your failures in life go away if you just give them permanent power over your every thought, and taking revenge on “libs” for your failures is not going to make their lives any more successful.
I could go on, but the bottom line is that the Rethugs are nowhere near being “leaders”. They are simply following the basest, most ignorant faction in US politics today in their quest for perpetual re-election to a job that they clearly do not know how to do.

12 Likes

There is now a huge cohort of people in this country who take presidential politics exactly like rabid sports fans - they like to tailgate, root unceasingly for their team, ignore any broken rules, blame the refs for any disappointments, vilify the opposition and tear the stadium down and set fire to the city if their team loses.

I watched Cheney’s speech all the way through - I felt I owed it to her. Her unflinching opposition to the evil occurring within her party deserves recognition and I am glad she got it. Unfortunately, the people who are now the core of the problem not only don’t care about any of the warnings about how much trouble our democracy is in, they are actively rooting for its destruction. They are not anarchists or Republicans or conservatives - they are Christian nihilists, whether they know it or not, and they are being manipulated by very dangerous people.

There is a fair chance that large swaths of this country will be unrecognizable in a few decades.

30 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available