Cheney Underscores ‘Threat’ Of Trump Before Public Hearings

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), vice chair of the Jan. 6 Select Committee, condemned former President Trump’s election steal scheme that led to the deadly Capitol insurrection as she accepted the John F. Kennedy Profile In Courage Award on Sunday night.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1416009

What threat could Trump possibly be to a functioning USA?

@sniffit any thoughts?

56 Likes

OK, tooting my horn: Long ago I predicted that Liz Cheney would be an ideal candidate for the Profile in Courage Award. Her politics are normally not mine, but she has had the ethics, morals, common sense, patriotism, and fidelity to the U.S. Constitution to consistently stand up to the radical ideas of her party and its leadership. For that I am grateful. If only there were more…

75 Likes

The war is already on.

25 Likes

At this link, see George Conway at CNN.

He’s back!

11 Likes

“Or will we look away from danger, ignore the threat, embrace the lies and enable the liar?” Cheney continued.

Of which the Republican party collectively said, “Sign me up for that!”

35 Likes

Take it to them, Rep. Kinzinger. Throw the truth in their faces as they watch the generic polls bury them.

40 Likes

What a great country, where you can win an award for actually fulfilling your oath of office.

31 Likes

The Threat of Trump.

He certainly had his enablers. Prominent on my list is Mitch McConnell. McConnell’s negligence in early 2020 allowed Trump to remain in Office, resulting in the deaths of multitudes of people from COVID.

Had Trump been removed, he would not have been able to use the strength of his position as U.S. President to further erode our electoral processes.

Those two “favors” from Moscow Mitch have resulted in catastrophic outcomes for which the American People bear the pain and McConnell bears the blame.

69 Likes

George Conway is good snark

@jkrogman

43 Likes

Difference being this time when South Carolina secedes, instead if fighting a war about it we look instead at the average US obesity rate decline and not look the gift horse in the mouth

20 Likes

Obesity rates decline; IQ rates rise. How can the US lose here? hahahahahahaha

23 Likes

George Conway video from CNN:

22 Likes

Her policies may be evil, but at least the space where her heart should be is in the correct place.

Shame the Dem messaging is not as clear and direct as Cheney’s but maybe these hearings will help? Though Faux Noise will ignore them (they are bleating on and on and on and on about HRC authorizing the release to the press the story about Alfa Bank server pings from Trump Tower, which apparently is treason or something, and proves Durham woz right about everything and HRC made up all the Russian collusion to smear TMFWWNBN)

9 Likes

I hope someone puts out a graphic novel of the report

11 Likes

Just busy watching the Zombie Fourth Estate fail hard on this one…

6 Likes

LOL…so Russia banned like 963 people from every entering Russia, including the very dead John McCain and the very fuckless Morgan Freeman, but guess the list of who it didn’t ban. Guess.

34 Likes

Why did they ban Morgan Freeman?

And I suppose they didn’t ban the MFWWNBN or any of his family.

16 Likes

No fucking idea hahaha…just more guano for us to sift thru…

10 Likes

That’s totally unfair!

They’re doing numerous interviews at the Let’s Go Brandon Diner in Possum’s Ass, West Virginia.

47 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available