Cheney Jabs Trump After Bizarre Photoshop Attack: ‘I Like Presidents Who Win Re-Election’ | Talking Points Memo

O/T: Charles W Mills died 20 Sept., 2021. A philosopher, Mills held that contract theory in the West assumed white racial domination. He widened the foundational assumption to include patriarchy: patriarchal white domination underlying contract theory in the West. He, his intellect and gentle manner will be missed.

16 Likes

They are the least populous state, are they not?

2 Likes

The vote to impeach was about just one thing – the fact that she was physically threatened by Trump’s mob on 1/6. She’s pissed about that and won’t let it go. This helps us in the short term while she’s on the 1/6 committee, but she’s no different in any other respect than she was before the insurrection.

13 Likes

He’ll never be Speaker. Even if the GOP wins the House, I have a feeling he’ll be promptly stabbed directly in the back. And he’ll never see it coming even if someone taps him on the shoulder and tells him they’re holding a shiv to his kidneys.

I really don’t think this is a good measure of a GOPers Trump support. Almost everything he sought legislatively are things that any GOP president would’ve pursued. The GOP was for tax cuts, killing Obamacare, deregulation, etc. long before Trump descended the escalator. Republicans are still gonna Republican just as Democrats are still gonna Democrat whether or not they personally support the person at the top.

24 Likes

They’re too stupid even to know how to lie effectively. After all, that’s an art that requires some finesse and wit. They have neither.

2 Likes

One by one. Lot of work, a zillion opportunities to be caught.

ETA:

Oh, pish-tush. The laws allowing substitution of results by partisan politicians (e.g., Georgia’s retructuring of who counts, reports, and certifies) are far more dangerous. So are the insane voter suppression acts.

Should it come down to Cyber Numbnuts, the game will have long been over, and the drumphenproletariat will, disconsolate, weep uncontrollably (whilst rioting and assaulting the people’s house).

4 Likes

Well that’s them Canadians for you. :wink:
“You ain’t seen nothing yet” :musical_note:

3 Likes

Well at least we’re more polite than them, so we’ve got that going for us. :grin:

5 Likes

Well, I don’t think the resentful paranoid jerks are going to get smarter about it all and realize they’ve never once come to the office to find a Haitian immigrant sitting in their chair and their belongings in a box by the door. Yeah, you prick, we had a black president, but not because of “political correctness run amok.” It was because we thought he was the better candidate. But they grabbed the steering wheel and elected Trump. So no, they’re not going to get smarter. But I harbor a faint and fading hope that some of them will just get tired of it.

19 Likes

By far.

2 Likes

Yes, but aside from the voting record, look at quotes above from Wiki, about Cheney fighting with Rand Paul about who was “Trumpier.” She was all-in for Trump as the useful idiot for the GOP until the day of the insurrection.

ETA: Her “no” vote on the first impeachment is also telling.

5 Likes

They didn’t steer this country to where we are now, they just let Jesus take the wheel.

7 Likes

Well Liz had a line, and the Republicans crossed it. So now we know that.

14 Likes

The photoshopped picture looks like Betsy DeVos

12 Likes

“Jesus take the wheel”?
Never figured you for a Carrie Underwood fan.

3 Likes
McCarthy’s likely bid for House speaker

The thought of McCarthy’s being in the presidential line of succession scares me.

7 Likes

27 Likes

Don’t forget Devin Nunes!!!

5 Likes

THAT is so spot on.

6 Likes

For ALL the many things I hate, loath and despise the whole Cheney clan for…I am VERY glad she had a line.

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available