Cheney Jabs Trump After Bizarre Photoshop Attack: ‘I Like Presidents Who Win Re-Election’ | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) on Sunday hit back at former President Trump ahead of her upcoming fundraiser that former President George W. Bush will headline, following the Arizona sham election “audit” that unsurprisingly confirmed Joe Biden’s victory once again.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1388637
1 Like

The photoshop job followed fat donnie’s first attempt to smear Cheney, which consisted of Sharpie-ying in a moustache and goatee on a photo the Representative.

28 Likes

IN OTHER WORDS: Everybody hates Kevin McCarthy for some reason or another. He is a Dead Man Groveling.

45 Likes

California has lost one House seat. Can they please make it Qevin’s?

31 Likes

I would feel good if it were D. Rorbacher’s or D. Issa’s as well…

16 Likes

Pathetic, petulant, corrupt, and sick.

11 Likes

Sick burn, Liz. You know Fat Donnie Three Chins is steaming mad because a woman had the temerity to say this. John McC is rolling.

28 Likes

I dunno. I was kinda surprised that they didn’t find a way to lie more convincingly.

34 Likes

This is so lame that I can’t really imagine someone doing it completely sober and thinking how it was going to be - um, effective.

14 Likes

The Republicans have been doing this nyah-nyah schoolyard stuff for years, since Reagan at least, but it’s not like Trump did much to elevate the conversation. Maybe some bright, shining day in the future we’ll be mostly governed by serious adults who don’t have much time for this kind of stuff.

37 Likes

Surprised me too. Not just that they said Biden won, because I thought the whole point of the exercise was to call it for Trump? But I’m amazed that they couldn’t even manufacture bogus evidence of fraud that can get any traction outside RWNJ social media.

What a pathetic waste of time and money. I guess it did help the Cyber Ninja guy pay off his cabin in Montana, so it wasn’t all for nothing.

27 Likes

Trump trades in lowering standards of behavior. This has got to be understood so as the cultivate better ways to deal with his practices.

As much as I despise McConnell, Moscow Mitch, by ignoring Trump’s insults a few days ago, did the right thing there.

20 Likes

On the one hand, it was a really good dig at TFG. I’m sure it stung.

On the other hand, it tells me that had he won, she wouldn’t have any issues whatsoever.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t assume that. She voted to impeach him, which would have among other things meant he couldn’t run again.

22 Likes

Slightly OT, but Filipowski reports that Sidney Powell interviewed on some obscure RW outlet. She stated that the purpose of the insurrection was to delay certification of the election until Alito (SCOTUS) could rule on her lawsuit to overturn the election. Apparently, they had not planned on Pelosi, Pence and McConnell deciding to continue into the night and finishing up around midnight. Alito dismissed the case the next day. To be fair, Alito has not been accused of being complicit, but it sure doesn’t look good.

40 Likes

Nikki Schwab
@NikkiSchwab

Trump’s Save America PAC just shared this photo. (That’s W.'s face with Liz Cheney’s hair.)

Oh good I’m the first one to point out that someone had to explain that it’s W’s face, he’s been missing for 12 years.

9 Likes

My response to @bunnyvelour betrayed my ignorance of Wyoming politics. I do not wish for Liz to lose her primary. Because of this ignorance, I do not know whether old-style retail politics will help her overcome the Trump derp sure to be thrown at her .

8 Likes

I prefer stories without Bush, Cheney, and Trump in them.

20 Likes

Oh, man, if that turns out to have some truth to it (and some evidence supporting it) could one be looking at impeachment of a SCOTUS Justice??

(Not that I believe Sidney Powell has any credibility, but I wouldn’t doubt Alito would be up to something like this. Especially after all of the “we are not partisan hack” disclaimers being thrown around by some of his fellow RWNJ colleagues…)

32 Likes

I think Qevin better serves the country by being the spineless embarrassment that purports to lead his caucus. Besides, there’ll be some satisfaction in the upcoming infighting over his replacement.
Best, I’d venture, to send Nunez off to Iowa, where he can more easily commune with his cow.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available