Cheney Jabs Trump After Bizarre Photoshop Attack: ‘I Like Presidents Who Win Re-Election’ | Talking Points Memo

Especially since most Republicans seem to think Bush was just a lovely man. His support for Cheney is probably a big net positive.

4 Likes

TCB sounds like the chemical name of some new street drug. (yes I’m old) And it prevents one from Taking Care of Business.

5 Likes

That was Big Fork Montana, a popular enclave of Orange County CA Reaganites. Just checked the latest real estate listing. That fellows “cabin” appears to range in price from 275K up to 15 mil.

7 Likes

Well, that’s her problem. Just saw where hers is an at-large district representing the whole state, for which she’s the only MOC.

12 Likes

Two dreadfully important things are intentionally concealed beneath the “comedy” of Cyber Ninjas finding more Biden votes.

(1) The action, ridiculous though it was, went a long way toward normalizing the idea that post-election audits at least have the potential of overturning the vote;

(2) THEY HAD ACCESS TO THE MACHINES. That means that dark money funders have that much more information about how to hack the machines in the future.

Cyber Ninjas “comedy” was not actually about 2020. It was about '22 and '24.

And that is fucking dangerous.

45 Likes

She voted yes on the second impeachment, because she was personally threatened in the 1/6 insurrection. That’s her only beef with Trump, and it’s a big one. It wouldn’t have happened if he had been reelected in 2020. She voted no on Trump’s first impeachment, the one related to the Ukraine stuff. Here’s what her Wiki page says about her:

From 2017 to 2021, Cheney voted in line with Trump’s position 92.9% of the time, supporting him more consistently in House votes than even his former chief of staff Mark Meadows. In 2019, according to the New York Times, Cheney publicly feuded with Rand Paul over who was “Trumpier”. According to The Atlantic, she was a “loyal Trumpist” and helped build “the party of Trump”.

If he had been reelected she would probably still be a Trumper. Maybe not on the Afghanistan pullout, she’s a war hawk like her Daddy, but on everything else.

12 Likes

I tripped on TCB yesterday but today I’m wasted on BTO .
"I love to work at nothin’ all day":notes:

7 Likes

That’s correct. Wyoming is the smallest state, population-wise, in the country.

5 Likes

But Wyoming has the largest population of black footed ferrets.

6 Likes

So other than voting to impeach his ass, she’s pretty much a Trumper down the line. I don’t know, I keep running the numbers and I can’t make it come out right. :smile:

12 Likes

She’s got the right take on Jan 6, but other than that—fuck her.

19 Likes

It tells us nothing of the sort. It tells us that she knows how to mock tfg effectively by turning his own attack on McCain into a self-own and, exquisitely, by thus branding him a loser.

18 Likes

Republicans eating their own, what a lovely spectacle, can somebody pass the popcorn.

8 Likes

Pffft! Next!

7 Likes

But he’s doing such a splendid job … of damaging his own positions. I say we keep him.

5 Likes

Pride and Prejudice should fill the bill. Or The Phantom Tollbooth.

4 Likes

These aholes are as much ‘Republicans’ as they are ‘Christians’…as in not one shred. They are cultists. They will try and rip down the country. They are rotten-to-the-core.

2 Likes

But, where would be the entertainment in that?

How would that make me feel better about my grievances and how the country’s demographics are changing?

How would that stick it to the libs?

And what about my being able to be part of a cult that just worships a crazy narcissist instead of actually having any understanding of the real issues that face me and the country or of how government actually works?

(and I’m speaking from the position of a lot of Republican voters … and Republicans that hold elective office)

8 Likes

OT: Republican racism and antisemitism on display.

21 Likes

Every time you think he’s hit bottom, he shows you how wrong you are, and forever will be.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available