Cheney: GOP Can Turn Corner From Trump By Rejecting Extremism Behind Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

Yeah, the issue is that if they threw out the bathwater, it would become clear there is no baby there. Without the Trump contingent, there is no Party. The Trumpites have chased all the others out.

7 Likes

Doesn’t she know that any Republican who is not a deplorable just worships at the alter of money and would join ISIS if it promised them greater profits? Thus, they might become Democrats!

2 Likes

by debunking unfounded claims of a “stolen” election.

“It does not mean that there was not fraud.

It needed to be pointed out to Ms Cheney that that is not debunking stolen election claims.

8 Likes

Imagine, if miraculously the GOP did everything on her wish list, picture the horror they would experience when they realize they’d lost half their voters. It’s why this will never happen. They’re stuck with the Q nuts forever, or until the party ceases to exist.

8 Likes

Her heart really ain’t in it.

8 Likes

Her what now?

(Dick: “We don’t need no steenking hearts!”)

10 Likes

I’m pretty darn sure the GQP turn around will never get out of the Gaetz unless they Hawley ass and Cruz past the Greene.

6 Likes

“You know, as a party, we need to be focused on the future. We need to be focused on embracing the Constitution, not embracing insurrection,” Cheney told CBS.

Liz, sorry to tell you, but the only thing your party is focused on embracing at the moment is 17-year-old girls. And you’re over the hill and on the outs with them, so just quit.

11 Likes

Liz Cheney, a lone voice in the wilderness giving advice to trees and squirrels.

They’re not listening.

7 Likes

“I think when you’re talking about anti-Semitic, racism, whit supremacy, those have to be rejected out of hand by anyone who is engaged at any level in our politics or our political discussions,” Cheney said.

Well, that is the face of the Republican Party, and has been for 75 years. No other political party embraces those values like the GOP. If she’s saying that those values have no place in the GOP, then that means that the GOP has no place in our Government, or even in this country.

I’m OK with that.

5 Likes

She’s speaking to the donor class Republicans who want nothing to do with MAGA, but who still want tax cuts and deregulation. She’s basically selling a return to the comfy, patrician days of the Reagan GOP. It’s unrealistic in the current era, but it will get her some reelection campaign funding.

8 Likes

OT, but has TPM been wonky all day long?

6 Likes

Hey Liz,

How about weighing in on this? I mean in a positive, non-GQP way?

2 Likes

The Cheney’s are carpetbaggers. Squirrels have been in Wyoming for about 30 million years. Don’t get me started on trees.

8 Likes

Comments are loading but around half the avatar icons have been missing on posts for most of today.

7 Likes

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) on Monday argued that the Republican Party can “turn a corner” from former President Trump by outright condemning symbols of extremism that were on full display during the deadly Capitol insurrection that Trump incited.

She’s right. It’s the only way.

1 Like

I enjoy somewhat whimsical internet connections, which leads me to have an INSANE hatred of the little spinning circle of doom. Particularly when it’s NOT my whimsical internet connection causing the problem.

3 Likes

I find I just can’t click on something called Politico Pro.

5 Likes

Gallows humor re: Floriduh, nothing more…

Still, I find it interesting to peruse what other non-TPM sites are posting.

2 Likes

Oh Liz…it hurts when you make sense.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available