Charity Helping Migrants Says Alex Jones Used ‘Staged Confrontation’ To Allege Trafficking | Talking Points Memo

A Catholic charity group based near the U.S.-Mexico border said Thursday that the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones had used his massive platform to stage a confrontation and falsely accuse the group of human trafficking.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1368812

Alex who?

6 Likes

Anybody astonished to hear this? Anybody?? Anybody at all??

Thought not…

14 Likes

Know who you won’t see stepping in to sue Jones for defamation, etc.? Yeah, “Alliance Defending Freedom”…you know, that group that pretends to be about religious freedom and files all sorts of lawsuits to “defend religious freedom” but is really just all about establishing white Christian supremacy in the law and furthering their anti-LGBT and racist agenda.

They just won a case that in front of the packed 6th Circuit…which is almost entirely Dubya and Trump judges…which says college professors can deliberately abuse, torment and harass students by calling them the wrong pronouns in order to enforce their Christian beliefs on the child.

15 Likes

Undoubtedly, Mother Teresa was the originator of this heinous plot.

7 Likes

Alex Jones terrorized the children while , ironically, video taping a damning example of the level of his own depraved caricature of humanity.

8 Likes

Just curious. If someone is trying to drive mothers and their children someplace and they are stopped and accosted by hostile screaming belligerent men who are accusing them of all kinds of vile things, what is the acceptable threshold for returning harm to them? And what is the acceptable harm level? Assume that the occupants of the vehicle are frightened by the abuse they are receiving.

6 Likes

I hope Sister Norma Pimentel gets some backup.

7 Likes

You bet…he waddled his fat a$$ down there in a last ditch attempt to be ‘relevant’ to the batsht crazies. It’s about as believable as the newly OUTRAGED DAMMIT Republicans who for the first time in 4+ years went to the border to decry the ‘abuse’ of the ‘children’. You bet you hypocritical money grubbing frauds.

11 Likes

Alex Jones, you know, the crook and liar.

1 Like

I think it depends on the state. Some states recently crafted “anti-protest” laws legalizing running down protestors blocking motorways, I think. So, it would be highly ironic if Mr. Jones ended up being collateral damage of such a law…

8 Likes

Alex Jones is a heartless, amoral monster who profits off of the anger he manufactures.

11 Likes

It would be different if the human trafficker was a white male Florida Republican, but we can’t allow these not-for-profit Catholic free-lancers to be horning in on business…

7 Likes

Just in case you thought we’d get through the day without yet another mass shooting…

10 Likes

We know that if it was a bunch of open carry MAGA types in the car and they were surrounded by black or brown people yelling at them, they would shoot them all and call it justified.

7 Likes

You know who has a ton of money? The catholic church. Maybe they should bury jones in lawsuits instead of letting him slander them.

12 Likes

If you have a few, “This American Life”'s show on Alex Jones and how he got that way, or at least, started, is terribly interesting.
In a just,sane world he’d be institutionalized and medicated.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/transcript

6 Likes

“Express your opinion like an American, not like an animal!” one man yelled at Jones.

That’s a good line.

Meanwhile, the TX gov is outside the San Antonio Colesium claiming without proof that the 1300 migrants inside were sexually assaulted. Another GQP hit job?

5 Likes

Alex “Roadkill” Jones does have a certain ring to it.

3 Likes

I thought he’d dried up and blown away a couple of years ago. Then he pops up at the insurrection and now this. I used to trust more in karma but I think it’s beginning to fall behind under the increased caseload. :confused:

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available