Census Bureau Puts Out Weird Tweet, Seemingly Flouting Judge’s Order | Talking Points Memo

When they are subpoenaed to testify before Congress and simply do not show up, isn’t there some way to put out a warrant so they can be arrested immediately? What is the point of a subpoena otherwise, if it can be ignored at will?

2 Likes

Here’s a write up from the local paper - not much detail on the “seeks protection” part of the OP, but suggests that the AG only offered the grand jury a very limited menu of possible charges:

“ The motion also accuses Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron of using the grand jurors “as a shield to deflect accountability and responsibility for those decisions” and says that has led to "more seeds of doubt in the process.”

1 Like

They also have the poutiest pouters.

1 Like

Any chance if he does flout the order, Ross could be seeing prison time?

Hmm, where’s the magic eight ball. I need some guidance.

Does this suggest a reopening of the case against all officers and another hearing before a grand jury is coming?

Magic eight ball? Uh, magic eight ball?

2 Likes
2 Likes

The plaintiff wants the courts to force the issue to prevent Cameron from retaliating. That’s why they want the transcripts and recordings released.

Otherwise the jurors could just provide interviews.

1 Like

I think we’ve all been lied to by multiple seasons of “Law and Order” about that kind of thing. Doesn’t seem to exist in the real world.

1 Like

Cant stop laughing, that was shitty if you!

1 Like

Have Wilbur Ross and Kate McKinnon been seen in the same room at the same time?

1 Like

So, trumper is messing with all things governmental, at this point I would say it’s a clear pattern of what can I mess up today just for fun.
My real problem is why the hell is this allowed to happen?
Where are the decent people left in government and why are they not screaming at the top of their lungs all day every day?
Trumper would have had to fire me two years ago, or listen to my yelling all day every day. He is doing this stuff only because people are not standing up for their values!

Lock him up, etc, etc, etc…

This thing keeps getting worse. Turns out they are not sure if Walker really shot the cop. The AG is a shameless liar that’s covering up for the cops.

1 Like

Yea, I know might as well haller at the moon.

1 Like

Charming little entitled billionaires…‘DO IT MY WAY. DO IT NOW.’ This is why we don’t have rich ‘businessmen’ run the government.

1 Like

This is the standard operating procedure with these guys. We keep expecting them to follow the laws and feel chagrin when they do not do so

But the fact of the matter is that these guys see the law as something to chip away at. In other words, they see the law in terms of ‘what can I get away with?’ rather than ‘oh, I can’t do that.’

This is why their bleating of ‘unfair!’ should fall on deaf ears. Most people see laws as a guide on how to behave in a civilized society, not something you can flout to ‘prove’ their superiority. The legal penalties in the cases should NEVER be mitigated because Types like Ross don’t learn that their behavior is impermissible. They will simply try again in another forum. Thus they should be slapped down as hard as possible

2 Likes

emphasized text [quote=“rdt, post:11, topic:196669, full:true”]
U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh — who late last week had halted the administration’s plans to finish data collection on Sept. 31

Thirty days hath September, …
[/quote]

It’s leap year. February, September, add them all on.

Feature not bug.

That’s pretty interesting ( read alarming) in and of itself. What kind of retaliation does the juror fear? How did they come to believe retaliation was likely? Does the AG generally threaten jurors?

Yeah, but I guess I hope that most of our fellow Americans have a view of “law and order” that is rooted in concepts of justice and equality that this “administration” and its leadership seems to fervently eschew.and ridicule.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available