Cawthorn Faces Ethics Probe Into Claims That Angered GOPers

Christine Lagarde is one of humanity’s smarter specimens. She agrees.

16 Likes

And it’s an environmental disaster … a waste of electricity and the carbon used to produce it.

11 Likes

So…Josh M?

2 Likes

wow this guy’s a complete mess

If he doesn’t think they have orgies or use coke, yeah.

3 Likes

I will never write anything this awesome. Sigh.

Excerpt:
Judge Beryl A. Howell emphatically rejected Jason Owens’ request to attend a five-day corporate getaway in Cabo San Lucas, pointing out that the accused Capitol rioter needs to hold off on traveling abroad until he faces charges that he assaulted a police officer on January 6, 2021.

"While the Court does not begrudge defendant’s apparent business success while on pretrial release, his international travel to harvest the bounties of such success will need to wait until he is no longer facing felony charges arising from ill-advised domestic travel in January 2021," Howell, the chief judge on Washington DC’s district court, wrote in her order.

22 Likes

Ever heard the expression “Oh, don’t be such a martyr…”?

WhO woUld waNt to paRticipaTe in coke Fueled Orgies on The HiLL? HaVe you SeeN the Republican caucus?

20 Likes

Other Repugs and women who are paid to be there.

16 Likes

No losers in the winners circle. Sad!

1 Like

Duh. That’s why you need the Coke to take the edge off and stop caring and find the right set of wrinkles/love handles.

3 Likes

Flip that question, it becomes some version of, “Was it wise to appease Hitler in the 1930s?”

At least the Tulip craze let you with some pretty flowers. Crypto is an answer in search of a problem.

6 Likes

Sen. Mike Lee says he was not there. “Mormons don’t drink Coke.”

8 Likes

Why do you ask?

2 Likes

I guess we’ll see if he’s an arsonist or just another grifter. If he can be bought, he’ll take the money and run roll, but if he’s there to actually burn down the administrative state, I would expect him to tell-all (though he could also be bullshitting that he has the goods; that’s completely in character as well).

He could be like the anti-Charlie in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. He thought he was going to get a chocolate factory just for getting in the door, but he’s gotten to the end and Willy “McCarthy” Wonka is telling him, “You lose! You accused us of having cocaine-fueled orgies! You get nothing!” And Maddie lacks the content of character to take it back with actual contrition.

5 Likes

In 20 years Cawthorn can pull a Steve Stockman and give us another two glorious years.

2 Likes

I just find it hilarious that one of their earliest promises was doing away with the Evil Credit Card swipe fees.

And now the only real way to exchange any crypto is via different exchanges… Who all charge a chunk of the transaction for transaction fees.

So even one of the earliest justifications is gone right out the window.

13 Likes

Securities fraud claims require the alleged victim to have acted with “justifiable reliance” on the defendant’s misrepresentations. It is not justifiable for anyone in existence to have relied on any representations whatsoever in choosing to purchase Let’s Go Brandon crypto.

9 Likes

Fair read. My basic thoughts are that he does have the goods, or McCarthy wouldn’t have tap-danced after beating him behind closed doors about him “exaggerating”, leaving some pretty whopping loopholes.

Whether we see that, you’re right, depends whether he’s ready for scorched earth, or they’ll make him a nice offer on the side just too good to pass up.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available