Cawthorn Faces Ethics Probe Into Claims That Angered GOPers

Troubles keep piling up for the freshly-primaried Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC), even in the waning months of his short-lived congressional career.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1416086

Is it wise to create a martyr out of the general of the Dark MAGA army?

29 Likes

In the tradition of Trump, make sure you kick him on the way out. Because that always works out well.

Not that Cawthorne doesnā€™t deserve it, but so many others in the caucus, who are sadly probably going to be hanging around, deserve it just as much if not more.

13 Likes

But of course. Nobody wants to look into the cocaine-fueled orgies on the Hill, letā€™s just focus on his personal things, not something that might touch the powerful.

14 Likes

And theyā€™re still not done with him. Oof. Wheelchair Nazi really touched a nerve.

I hope he goes full chaos and releases all the (other, I guess) shit he has on members of the caucus. No mercy from the Dark MAGA.

16 Likes

ā€œThe Washington Examiner, a right-leaning news outlet, at the time accused Cawthorn of participating in a ā€˜pump and dumpā€™ scheme.ā€

But enough about that hotel-room video with his cousinā€¦

48 Likes

Yes. Apparently, they do want the door to hit him on his way out.

20 Likes

The group alleged that the freshman congressman was engaged in an inappropriate relationship with the staffer

The ā€œinappropriateā€ part being the staffer is Mr. Stephen L. Smith.

8 Likes

Since the purpose of Dark MAGA is for Uber-Trumpers to go after the RINOs, I fully support this movement. If Cawthorn becoming a martyr on the cross of fascism and conspiracy theories drives support Dark MAGA and more division for the GOPā€¦Iā€™m all in!

8 Likes

The First Rule of Cocaine-Fueled-Gay-Orgy-Conservative-Republican-Congressmen-Club is that you donā€™t talk about Cocaine-Fueled-Gay-Orgy-Conservative-Republican-Congressmen-Club.

ā€“President and Ceo, L.G.

Not to be calling out any one group or identity, but the way they shut this down, and the rather interesting details about young Mattie that have popped up since, this is one of those alternative-lifestyle things that the republicans like to rail against while doing the same in their spare time, so fair game.

31 Likes

Now theyā€™re dog piling on poor Madisonā€¦

Dialog to invitation to the cocaine orgyā€¦

Party Organizer: Hey Madison, drop over by place, I throwing a crazy party, there will be booze, cocaine and sex.
Rep. Cawthorne: Sure thing Bro! Say, how should I dress?
Party Organizer: However you feel more comfortable, it will be only the two of us.

9 Likes

The Washington Examiner, a right-leaning news outlet, at the time accused Cawthorn of participating in a ā€œpump and dumpā€ scheme around a so-called ā€œLetā€™s Go Brandonā€ coin, a nod at a coded derogatory moniker for President Biden. The Examinerā€™s article suggested Cawthorn advertised the coin based on non-public information to increase its value, before he sold it prior to its crash.

Wow, for once, Cawthorn was involved in a victimless crime.

7 Likes

Pushing him down the stairs was just a little too obvious.

19 Likes

Pushing someone down the stairs has been done to death. :grinning: :grin:

7 Likes

No, all the suckers being brought into the thing by celebrity endorsements and even financial institutions like Goldman Sachs who know itā€™s all bogus are actual victims.

Beyond time to kill crypto. Itā€™s all pyramid schemes and convenient encryption blackmail payment methods which have no use in the real world.

29 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a couple of IL politicians taken down before (Representative Mel Reynolds), but nothing like this. Thereā€™s more to this.

11 Likes

Also Irasdad: ā€œThanks, Iā€™ll be here all weekā€”be sure and try the veal!ā€

3 Likes

Cawthorn is a true Trump Republican.
How can you who have backed Trump probe someone you helped rise to this honored position.
As an old alcoholic friend I tried to help said, ā€œyouā€™re all assholesā€.

1 Like

How the hell did they get such A list celebrities to do ads for crypto I wonder? Larry David? Matt Damon? A real puzzler - Lily Tomlin. These arenā€™t the usual pitchmen.

13 Likes

I understand it pays well?

Iā€™ve lost some respect TBH.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available