Cawthorn Faces Ethics Probe Into Claims That Angered GOPers

It would have to pay well.

5 Likes

The way they are going after him, when other Republican representatives have openly done similarly obnoxious things without any blowback, sure makes it seem like it’s revenge. Cawthorn was a loose cannon, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he was speaking the truth (or a version of it) when he was talking about the bad behavior of Republican House colleagues. His immaturity wouldn’t lend him the filter that older people have, who understand how cocaine and orgies amount Republican politicians would be problematic. This seems like piling on, to try to shut him up after he leaves office…too bad for them that he is the self righteous type who is more likely to double down.

13 Likes

O anyone who doesn’t think they have orgies, complete with cocaine, is incredibly naive.

7 Likes

First they came for the RINOs, then they came for me.

2 Likes

Fuck the ethics probe. Cawthorn is a dead man rolling. An ethics probe in this House? What a concept!

2 Likes

Few million for Matt to spend 30 minutes max in front of a green screen.

The money celebrities make for even brief appearances dwarfs your or my highest dreamable income

7 Likes

Get rich & famous people that don’t really understand their money, talk them into buying into a scam that they don’t understand at all, and convince them to brag about it to others to bring them in. There are always famous people with egos that you can talk into stuff, and famous people who you can convince that something is a good deal, and famous people who see through the scam and realize that they can make a buck on the losers who buy in based on their endorsement. Plus, odds are they got a paycheck for doing the endorsement. There are true believers as well…crypto has been sold as a way to upend the banking system and give people more money, and some will believe that’s real, or at least believe in the goal and hope crypto is the vehicle to do it.

I’m not accusing any of the people mentioned as fitting into these categories, who knows why they did it. Crypto really remains a scam though, until it’s regulated it’s just another way to move money upwards at the expense of the average person.

5 Likes

Oh, please let this be the point where Cawthorn is angry enough to start naming names.

16 Likes

I’d do it in a heartbeat but I find it interesting who does and who doesn’t show up for which products. Especially when I’ve never seen them show up for anything else and I bet we never see them advertise anything again.

@drriddle

4 Likes

Honestly don’t see any way that it’s not all entirely unredeemable via any regulatory manner, and just needs to be entirely excised.

Electronic currencies will happen, but they’ll be State-backed, just an electronic version of your dollar, or yen or whatever (china is already rolling theirs out).

This notion of winning the lottery, that you can just get money from nothing, really needs a heap of correction right now. The absolute value of all the cryptocurrency on the planet is ZERO, any cash exchanging hands is merely someone skimming off of someone else’s pocket

16 Likes

Not sure they wanna kick that hornet’s nest.

The rule is: martyrs are dead people.

So…

1 Like

It’s about sending a message.

Now Cawthorn and his allies can return the favor, but he’s all about the team

3 Likes

Celebrities pretty much all have teams who work for them and contract agencies providing support for things like what they’re doing. Say some celebrity, let’s call him Will Smith, has a popular, monetized channel on Instagram. His contracted agency would receive requests from companies who want to use his image as a wholesome family man to promote their product.

They will offer a certain amount of money for a number of “impressions” (ad views) on his channel. Between the agency and his team, they’re supposed to be vetting the companies to ensure that the company doesn’t conflict with the celebrity image. A Battered Woman’s Shelter, looking to advertise on his channel, might be rejected because it “hits” a little too close to home.

Same general concept with advertisements. Company requests image, team vets for match with celebrity and any potential pitfalls, income for time and contract is negotiated.

Given the appearance of Matt at the Super Bowl, quite likely he was filmed back in November when things were through the roof, his team was lazy, and didn’t research it thoroughly to see if this was where they really wanted exposure.

Rather expect both his team and agency have gotten an earful, that was not a good choice. Very disappointed.

6 Likes

His term ends in January.

2 Likes

Which means he’s got precisely nothing to do between now and then except wheel around the Capitol and start fires.

13 Likes

Like ‘the bride’, he’s probably writing up a list.

4 Likes

Given what’s come out about him, and that his stories were just too ludicrous to not be true, I pray that now that the primary is passed and he really has nothing to lose (up until that there was some reason to stay quiet), I hope to god he has text and e-mail receipts.

giphy (1)

10 Likes

Let’s just say they weren’t paid in Bitcoin.

13 Likes

Not sure if that’s physically possible. Oh, you mean the GOP.

Yes, I’m bad. I blame Cawthorn.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available