Cassidy Hutchinson Is The Surprise Jan. 6 Witness

I know the committee would not be holding this one unless it was really important. And, maybe now because she doesn’t have a tRump lawyer she’ll look more credible.
Hard to believe alarm bells will be going off, but guess we’ll see.

18 Likes

Brought him coffee a couple of times…

17 Likes

I guess someone must have blabbed.

While the expected testimony of Cassidy Hutchinson, who was an aide to Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, has been reported by multiple news outlets, the Jan. 6 committee investigating the attack on the Capitol has yet to make its plans public.

When the hearing was announced Monday, its details were shrouded in secrecy, with staff and committee members explicitly asked to go dark and not speak with the news media, according to two people involved with the investigation.

15 Likes

Excellent point. Often when I want to figure out why something happened I look for what’s changed. So Hutchinson having a new lawyer could have shuffled things around somehow.

33 Likes

While I’d rather not wait that long, I’m not sure I’ll be up to dialing the numbers.

9 Likes

Greg Abbot can take a long roll off a short pier. Blaming the President for the “border crisis” is like blaming him for the price of gasoline. Does not compute…

35 Likes

Then: “Those are things I don’t think I should talk about.”
Now: “So, what else do you want to know? How much time ya got?”

12 Likes

How about Hutchinson testifying to ongoing threats against her, probably from the likes of Gaetz and Jordan and the human stain from GA, showing a CONTINUING criminal conspiracy.

56 Likes

OT but so infuriating. Not stated explicitly in the article but the implication here is that black neighborhoods may well have been systematically undercounted in the 2020 Census. Detroit is emphasized because it’s the largest so far (we’re 80% black), not because it’s the only one to file suit over this

Mayor Michael Duggan said insufficient resources and not enough census takers were devoted to the count in Detroit, resulting in an undercount

54 Likes

Max Brooks, thou art vindicated.

5 Likes

As far as I can tell the news of the death prompted certain reckless nitwits to jump over to their Google machine and one of them found that a Michael Stenger had been shot in the street on the way to his front door, and cut and pasted it into a post. Turns out this happened in 2013, because believe it or not, two people can be named Michael Stenger. So the fever swamps’ temperature spiked as they all screeched and chattered and did backflips, immediately sure this was a Deep State whacking. MTG repeated it, all of them really. All the mainstream media wisely backed far away except two or three. Sadly typical situation.

24 Likes

Timely leak.

Anticipation was built up. Now pundits will be discussing all morning. Ratings will be higher. Impact will be greater.

20 Likes

I could see how the republicans could also use this to claim that there were more votes than people.

18 Likes

no idea … but it will be new faces … which seems to factor into her apparent increased “helpfulness”

“Her previous attorney has deep Trump World connections. Her new lawyer is a longtime close ally of former attorney general Jeff Sessions.”

Have to figure that she is prepared to serve an exquisite full meal - think about it - there would not be any sense to have called the committee together on very short notice to conduct a full Live TV session - if she was just going to provide them with only a small plate of cookies and a glass of warm milk.

21 Likes

That was the 2nd thought that occurred to me as I read this! However, voter roles will show otherwise.

7 Likes

Oh such the great read🤢
Got the rag in mail few years ago.
Guess they were trying to pick up some new subscribers.
My mother almost fell for it. Mixing up epoch with Epic. I made sure to correct her.
To her credit tho, she did read a little of it and found out just how Epoch it really was.

14 Likes

Fetterman would eat Tucker Carlson for breakfast, sunny side up!

18 Likes

Greg Abbott can just Fuck Off and Die. What a horrible excuse for a piece of shit.

23 Likes

Great read on the earlier joke of an opinion:

13 Likes

But in the gay 90’s, Gingrich was hard at work making America what it is today.

38 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available