Cassidy Hutchinson Is The Surprise Jan. 6 Witness

Cassidy Hutchinson is the surprise witness scheduled to testify this afternoon in a hastily arranged hearing of the House Jan. 6 committee.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1421784

So, here’s the thing:

The live, public hearings are presenting evidence and filling in many of the gaps in OUR knowledge of what happened before, on, and after January 6th.

But it’s also filling in those same gaps in the minds of Jan6th witnesses who have already testified or been deposed. They’re seeing the walls closing in on Trump, his minions and his family. They’re getting scared. They’re getting better lawyers. And they’re going to start telling things publicly, just to get the Trump stink off of them before he goes down in flames, so they can possibly continue to have careers, and/or stay out of prison.

Remember at the end of the last hearing, where Liz Cheney made a plea to people to come forward? That was the committee’s version of a “Fire Sale.”

Cassidy Hutchinson might be saying things publicly (possibly even things recently new to the committee) about Trump’s whereabouts, actions and comments to his inner circle on January 6th while the attack was happening.

Oh, and…FRIST!!!

frist

[ED: “Hutchinson has testified before the panel four times, including once within the last 10 days.”]

69 Likes

Waiting for the day when the anti-immigration crowd decides to mention the people who hire migrant workers. Why, I bet there are even some in Texas!

66 Likes

THRID!!

27 Likes

Forth11!!11

22 Likes

Really want big Bombshells in the hearing today!

:bomb: shells!!! that blow the minds of many Americans.

And blow UP in the faces of many goopers.

5th

32 Likes

I hope she has security protecting her from the Second Amendment nut cases and Cheetolini’s mob.

44 Likes

Morning, all. I took a browse through The Google and it seems the Senate sergeant at arms Michael Stenger continues to show signs of being dead, although it now seems the shooting part of it might have been greatly exaggerated and related quite a bit more to a Michael Stenger who died in 2013. Nobody seems to be able to tell the public what the more recent Stenger died of.

34 Likes

Has TMP gotten rid of a lot of their writers. Some seem to have disappeared.

Cassidy already gave some interviews and they were shown at the hearings. Has she had a real wake up call?

8 Likes

I’m tired of all this talk of Frist.
Jeez, he’s not even a senator anymore.
And it’s not even like he’s been doing anything to warrant all this OT space on the thread.
ETA: Is he the new 1/6 witness I haven’t read about, or something?

15 Likes

Does anyone get the sense that ever since 9/11, for over two decades, we’ve been through one goddamned thing after another to the point that the country we grew up in is barely recognizable? And that at least 40% of the population might as well be zombies?

Probably the last remotely “normal” decade was the era of Seinfeld, the Macarena, and X-Files. Hell, in the '90s, even the political crises were over risible frivolities like blow jobs.

Now it’s plots to overthrow the government with the president conspiring to murder his own vice president.

74 Likes

Wait, what?

19 Likes

Unseriousness. That’s what I keep coming back to. Serious people would not have elected Trump, or made QAnon a mass phenomenon.

49 Likes

Greg Abbott is so helpless as (our) Texas’ Governor… maybe he deserves not to be re-elected?

30 Likes

Tucker Carlson, interviewing John Eastman, urges people who didn’t vote for Joe Biden to erase their text messages and emails “every single day”

Also: Don’t do illegal shit to steal an election.

69 Likes

Exactly.

7 Likes

I’ve watched a great many snippets of Cassidy Hutchinson giving testimony to House investigators. I’ve read details about much of what she’s had to say to those same investigators to this point in time. Unless the committee is going to elicit a great many new revelations from her I fail to see this sudden, unscheduled hearing is much more than a pre-July 4th effort to stay relevant going into the holiday break.

If you have any of these symptoms, please call your funeral home immediately.

28 Likes

So it’s Cassidy Hutchinson. I hope it’s like Columbo and his “Just one more thing.”

36 Likes

In Texas I heard it called Southern Door Disease Syndrome. You have a visitor for a few hours and he gets up to leave, and as he’s standing in the doorway he says, “Oh yeah, my wife died yesterday/I won the lottery/Turns out I’m heir to the Throne in Luxembourg” or whatever. The most interesting and important thing, suddenly remembered.

35 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available