Cassidy Hutchinson Is The Surprise Jan. 6 Witness

My pedantic side wants to point out that the idiom means more or less ‘in a straight line’ and not referring to distance… but they don’t do that either.

1 Like

OK, Cippollone, your cue to show up…

2 Likes

“WALKING to the Capitol?” :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

For those up thread who are speculating about Ms. Hutchinson’s ambitions, motivations, etc. I submit the following, for what it’s worth. She is in her 20s. I’ve been 20 four times now, so have some experience about being 20. As I recall, the first time I was in my 20s, neither I nor any of my peers had yet discovered that there was something behind the mirror in which we saw ourselves on the way to becoming heroically charming, successful, etc., in a scene with a cloudless sky (well, save for those caught up in the Viet Nam, civil rights stuff). But, somewhere along the way, reality began to assert itself from behind the mirror. I suspect that is what is happening in Ms. Hutchinson’s life right now; and, for hers and our sake, I am glad she is paying attention to that, rather than just plucking her eyebrows or something. Full disclosure without regard for “how it makes her look” will serve her well as she moves on through her own experiences of being 20, 40, 60, 80 even.

4 Likes

Trump physically attacking people to get them to take him to the Capitol.

8 Likes

Throwing a plate against the wall. SMH

Multiple occasions of throwing dishes or using the tablecloth to throw everything on the floor.

5 Likes

I only wish Merrick Garland was alive to see this…

4 Likes

Fun to imagine DJT there, scaling the scaffolding.

2 Likes

After the first rung.

5 Likes

James Fallows:

10 Likes

Trying to take control of “The Beast” from the Secret Service? That’s actually better than him throwing food at the wall in the White House.

Maybe Meadows can get a cell next to him and they can throw poo at each other.

3 Likes

Has he caught up to Loudermilk yet? It might be a contest.

1 Like

Probably just going through the same one repeatedly.

Now explain the absence of peanut butter.

1 Like

Happy now, Stevie?

4 Likes

Perfect. Exactly.

I’ve been thinking of your very astute comment off and on all day. And, what it alludes to (beyond, of course, “I love the smell of napalm in the morning.”) I figured out what that desperation smell is for me-- musk. JMO. Smells stick with me in my heart/mind, like so many other people.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. (Sometimes they are in short supply around here!) Thank you also for your observation, because as a younger man, and because my folks were heavy smokers so my sense of smell is really deficient, I did not appreciate how much smells are just as associative as vision and hearing and more; they can round out memories. Now, certain smells can transport me to another time and place. Too soon old…

2 Likes

25, per media reports.

Aaaahhhhh – the smell of waking up on Saturday Morning to cinnamon bread or coffee cake baking in the oven. The smell of a mossy trout stream and in the spring. The smell of cigarette smoke outside, on an early summer day (honestly, my worst guilty pleasure!) The smell of formaldehyde in anatomy lab. The smell of C. diff diarrhea, the smell of gangrene or maggots. The smell of a cut stem of a dahlia flower, lilies of the valley. The smell of burning skin or hair. The smell of a campfire after a rain. The smell of fresh cut balsam fir, or the inside of my cedar sauna. The smell of a roasting chicken. Foods! Lightning! Oceans! Flowers! Petrichor! – this is perhaps my absolute favorite smell (the smell after the rain hits the ground.)

My favorite smells are the ones provided by nature. All of nature, good or bad.

Losing any of our senses diminishes us. Without hearing aids, I cannot hear the bird songs. Before cataract surgery, colors and the world were both getting duller. Smell is important, too, so is touch. Anything we can do to retain our senses will help keep us young!!

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available