Capitol Police Are Investigating Whether Lawmakers Gave Tours To Rioters Before Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

Also: make sure and keep the dirty women down

1 Like

Maybe he was! Also, maybe @paulw is right. I agree with the idea that it is the wrong question. Take it up with your doggies. They seem (to me) to be much closer to the zen tradition of living in the moment that any of us are…

:joy:

From Yes, Minister (which ought to be on the required curriculum for anyone who cares how government works):

Sir Humphrey: The fourth, there’s the excuse we used for the Munich agreement. It occurred before certain important facts were known, and couldn’t happen again.

Jim: What important facts?

Sir Humphrey: Well, that Hitler wanted to conquer Europe.

Jim: I thought everybody knew that.

Sir Humphrey: Not the Foreign Office.

7 Likes

You’ve just described most of the HQ cafeteria.

Also, our field operatives.

3 Likes

Direct deposit, because I got a refund from IRS last year. I believe for people on SSI, or Medicare benefits without IRS tax filings, $600 is deposited on their Debit Cards. And, the word is out that in Biden’s stimulus package, there will be an additional $1400 coming in the future. I have much compassion for those who really need those payments, “toot sweet.”

1 Like

Who has DJT been calling from his office? His schedule says he is busy making phone calls.

far-right media:

• amren (American Renaissance)
  • The Unz Review

white nationalist social media platforms:

• Daily Stormer
  • VDARE

social media taken over by far right:

far-right personalities:

• Nick Fuentes (Groyper Army)
  • Patrick Casey (Identity Evropa)
  • Ethan Ralph (Killstream podcast)
  • Vincent Reynouard (Holocaust denier)
  • Lukesmith.xyz (video blogger)

?:

• unknown 1
  • unknown 2
3 Likes

Reality

2 Likes

I hope that the Democrats in the House and Senate are not in a forgiving mode. After being forced into hiding by a raging mob AND exposed to COVID-19 by Republican “colleagues” (aka selfish assholes - but I repeat myself) who refused to wear masks I REALLY hope their memories will be long and they will be keeping VERY close track of the investigators and their work - and Speaker Pelosi’s tapping of retired Lt. Gen. Honore to investigate is, I think, a good sign.

3 Likes

The dying wails of a fruit fly?

2 Likes

Card carryin’ one, myself! R’amen, sibling.

p.s., I find this facebook group quite fun

I have to laugh :laughing:

Also to @dr_coyote

I saw the entry for my zen calendar this am. It is from Will Durant, who said:
Nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.

With that, I am speechless…

6 Likes

Neither of my parents got a refund last year, no earned income as they’re both retired and no withdrawals from their relatively modest unearned income. But they did file a basic return, before the first stimulus payments went out, and receive their SS via direct deposit into their bank accounts. The first time they got a paper check. This time my dad got DD but my mom was told to expect a paper check, which she hasn’t gotten yet. I spoke to her mail carrier and he said he hasn’t seen anyone’s checks yet.

And now I understand that if you didn’t get it (or it wasn’t sent out) by the 15th, you might not get it and will have to file a return and request a refund for this amount, but that because the IRS is swamped and understaffed, both because of the pandemic and budget cutbacks, who knows when you’ll actually get such a refund.

Worst president ever. Fucking plays golf while people lose their homes, assets and lives. Thankfully my mom should be ok (just got her first shot too), but was counting on this payment for various things.

5 Likes

Let’s not forget that she is also on the hook for potential charges out of NY against the Trump Org., of which she’s long been an officer and executive. I expect that she, Eric and Don Jr. are in for a bumpy ride. That won’t sell well on the political front.

2 Likes

Senator Sick Rott

3 Likes

I think it depends on when/how the GOP implodes. For the crazy dead-enders, being persecuted by commie liberal queer democrat pedophiles will be just the ticket. If those people dominate the GOP primary turnout, a trump could end up as their candidate. What would happen then in the general is anyone’s guess. If the GOP has officially split into sane and insane factions by then, a trump could win the insane faction but not get the advantage of the tribal voting. As for money, who knows. There are plenty of crazy semi-rich types, and others who might be willing to stir sh*t. And of course putin and other non-US donors.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this SNAFU. I have read that the IRS has not finished reviewing paper tax submisions from last year yet. I tell everyone to have an electronic file submitted, Turbo-tax is cheap, I imagine H&R Block, etc, will do the same. Of course, for a fee, but it might be better in the long run. I no longer trust the USPS, until we get that overhauled.

I wish your family well, and all that they are entitled to, and I know theirs is their right, and not their grift!, like the whole maladministration thieves… :pray:

1 Like

And I expect that part of the continuous loop story will be “Look! Look I tell you, at how they’re persecuting those poor kids to stop them building on their father’s legacy! How evil those Libruls are!”

Because assholes gotta asshole…

2 Likes

Sorry, that’s bullshit. It’s not in the slightest narcissistic to not believe in something for which there is zero proof of existence that almost certainly does not exist and was basically invented so primitive people wouldn’t be too scared of lightning and earthquakes and then exploited to control same people. And there is no “higher” or “lower”. There just is.

Thanks, much appreciated, and same to you and yours. I actually put my payments to good use, restoring an old car that had been sitting around in a kindly neighbor’s driveway for several years that I had to get out of there soon since she recently passed away and the heirs are now selling it. Local service stations wanted $3000-$5000 to get it back in shape and I just couldn’t afford or justify that. So I did it myself and it cost me less than half that, and I did a WAY better job than they would have for this much money. It’s a semi-classic car that may well recoup whatever I just put into it someday. So, thanks Donald!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available