Capitol Police Are Investigating Whether Lawmakers Gave Tours To Rioters Before Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

If nothing else, the Trump experience has exposed movement conservatism for the seditious claptrap and nonsense it is.

79 Likes

It can’t be said enough. The need for white supremacy is the main reason, after all, for this riot.

25 Likes

They were simply providing some basic constituent services. All innocent as the driven snow.
They’re not the brightest bulbs in the lamp - they could have been duped by a little flattery and a donation.
But if any of them was knowingly providing aid they should be drummed out of Congress and criminally charged.

16 Likes

This horse should be beat.

15 Likes

And the hypocrisy just gets worse.

Why do evangelicals insist that this Russian Mafia hood is the Second Coming of God? Where in the New Testament is there anything about a rich gangster taking over for the Holy Spirit?

That Bible Trump was holding up upside down as his goon squad pushed the clergy out of St. John’s Church must have belonged to Franklin Graham. Jesus has been held hostage by these heretics long enough. Free Him from this blasphemy.

44 Likes

But will everyone get pardons?

1 Like

Yep I keep telling all who are rightly furious
Let’s get 'em after the 20th.
But, I don’t think 45 will pardon the yokels he sees himself as above that fray.

What if they pulled off? Then what? Did they think they they’d have a seat at the fancy dinner party? I suspect their ultimate reward would be
Night of the Long Knives II

17 Likes

If Marjorie Taylor Greene didn’t participate in this, it’s only because she hasn’t learned her way around the Capitol yet.

38 Likes

It would be the best evidence of sedition at trial.

Trump will only pardon himself and maybe Ivanka. He will let the rest of them fend for themselves. Why would he waste his time protecting those “low class” MAGA?

9 Likes

Major Traitor Greene

7 Likes

We were just showing our constituents how to get around the Capitol building, where the speaker’s office is, the quickest route from a broken downstairs window into the chambers, you know, in the interest of transparency. The people have a right to know the details of the security force assigned to the Capitol that is paid for with their tax dollars. It’s the People’s House, after all. It’s not our fault that a few false flag Antifa activists used the information to try to discredit our Dear Leader with their fake insurrection.

26 Likes

I wish Jesus would come back just to kick their asses.

19 Likes

Shhhh…
You’ve said too much…

3 Likes

If Jesus returned we’d have him over for dinner and make fun of him after he left.

3 Likes

I think we should mentally prepare ourselves for the possibility that everyone involved, including the rioters, will receive a pardon and return to their previous lives as if nothing happened.

Exactly. Sometimes I think Mein Kampf is the only book Trump may have ever read. Stephen Miller draws all his inspiration form it when writing all that sedition and blasphemy in Trump speeches. We are all Jews that need to be lured into slaughter in their eyes. Only Franklin Graham’s Second Coming of God matters.

4 Likes

I only like insurrectionists who weren’t captured.

24 Likes

Very interesting piece in the WaPo a couple of days ago arguing that the Pardon Clause, which give the president* pardon power “except in cases of impeachment” should be read to prohibit an impeached president* from pardoning himself or anyone else who is connected to the reason for impeachment. This is a plausible reading, although there’s probably little evidence of what the drafters of the Constitution thought about this.

26 Likes

I rarely use the word hero…
best reply ever

1 Like

Hopefully Donnie will have Rudy argue his case.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available