Campaign Sends DeSantis to Iowa with Instructions to Seem Normal - TPM – Talking Points Memo

On the defensive for a distant campaigning style and flagging poll numbers, Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida has hit the campaign trail in early primary and caucus states with an apparent mission to reassure supporters he can act normal. DAVENPORT,…

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1457825

Normalizing Fascism shouldn’t be so damned difficult.

13 Likes

Normal to who?

And what the heck do they mean “act” normal. How about “being” normal.

But to the main point, is being or “acting” normal subjective or objective? That is to Republican primary voters Trump is normal or at a minimum has been normalized.

Which brings up the next question, to the extent “acting” normal is objective, do Republican primary voters want normal or again, do they want Donald Trump or White nationalism or…?

4 Likes

It would be disappointing and disconcerting to spend a few hours with a bunch of people slavishly devoted to MAGA world and find out they considered you to be normal.

’Hey Gunther, how’s the new guy working out running the Zyklon B showers?"

"Oh, he’s doing great, seems like a normal guy to me."

4 Likes

Because it worked so well the last time:

23 Likes

Must be the Stanislavsky Acting Method in which you’re able to act normal.

9 Likes

Ted Cruz v2.0

1 Like

I wonder if they found a Black Republican here in Iowa, or if Ron had to bring a couple with him.

4 Likes

He’s just like Jackie Daytona, Regular Human Bartender.

1 Like

DeSantis’s smile reminded me of this after all these years.

3 Likes

Ted has personality. It’s just repellent.

DeSantis is more like Scott Walker 2.0, a black hole of charisma.

30 Likes

Somebody get that boy a corndog!

15 Likes

Donald is backing Floriduh Fats. Are there any others?

I have heard he is also the possessor of a repellent personality. So he has both things going for him.

6 Likes

Meatball eating contest.

Too soon for cannibalism?

1 Like

He’s ClearLy on the autism spectrum. Odd InterpersonaL behavior, can’T look People in the eyes. LacK of empATHy, etc.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Every single photo shows a completely phony, over-acted expression. The man seems incapable of being human. Baffling.

15 Likes

5 Likes

Are those alligator-skinned cowboy boots he’s wearing?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available