Campaign Sends DeSantis to Iowa with Instructions to Seem Normal - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Probably used prison labor.

3 Likes

Good lord this is awful.

oh my god why did no one tell me this is what the video looks like pic.twitter.com/pPcff2UeB7

— Tim Hogan (@timjhogan) May 16, 2023
9 Likes

I can’t believe I agree with you on something.

3 Likes

with Instructions to Seem Normal

So… white boots are out? (we prefer our fascists jack booted)

4 Likes

I hate you for making me look

/s

but that is pretty special “heart felt” laugh….

5 Likes

Why do I find this photo just a bit disturbing? Using this poor kid as a prop, maybe?

It looks like DiShithead is about to eat him like some crazy monster.

7 Likes

9 Likes

This photo is why a great staff is imperative. Unless Ronny is going to wade through some water, nix the boots. I don’t see any water in his vicinity, so who thought it was a good idea to put these boots on? Nancy Sinatra?

5 Likes

He must have practiced that laugh a hundred times in front of the mirror.

Too bad it still looks unnatural.

7 Likes

The little guy looks like he’s out of place.
The kid looks pissed off for being there.

Edit: little guy/DeSantis

2 Likes

Supposedly, his wife. Apparently shrimpers in the FL panhandle wear those.

7 Likes

I don’t know what you all think, but to me he does not have a normal expression in ANY of the photos with the article.

4 Likes

“Campaign Sends DeSantis to Iowa with Instructions to Seem Normal.”

Live shot of DeSantis at Iowa press event:

14 Likes

It’s blue collar/‘working man’ cosplay.

You can tell by the clean working boots or spotless pickup truck. No real working person keeps their gear sparkling clean or damage-free past the first day on the job.

6 Likes

Where’s that video of DeSantis doing his head weave?
Ron DeSantis is not normal in the usual sense of normality. Mebbe in some goober sense but that is their problem

3 Likes

That face he has on in the photo sitting next to his wife is the one I always see on him. He always looks like he’s about to start crying.

3 Likes

Want to pretend you’re a normal person? Take a tip from Congressman Randy over there and, if you really must have your name embroidered on your apron, just go with your first name, not your full name and job title. Because, who does that?

7 Likes

Didn’t another politician practice his mannerism in the mirror. (Godwin’s Law?)

2 Likes

Love the white boots.

When will be wearing a clown hat?

1 Like

Scott Walker looked like a Walmart manager. DeSantis just looks like an angry guy behind someone who’s taking a really long time in the grocery store.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available