Bye, Madison! Cawthorn Concedes As GOP Appears To Succeed In Effort to Vanquish Him - TPM – Talking Points Memo

He did nothing while in office aside from elevating his profile for the grift.

He has money squirrelled away and you’re right…he’ll be on the bible thumper circuit.

apologies to @squirreltown

11 Likes

more bible humper

12 Likes

This was below the belt.

Thanks !

6 Likes

“Well, you won’t have ME to push around any more!”

(h/t Dick Nixon)

29 Likes

groan

2 Likes

His term ends in January.

2 Likes

10 Likes

There’s a lot about Texas that I want to like, but it’s bathed in a sea of things that i can’t help but loathe.

Kinda like how California used to be, back when it elected folks like Ronnie Ray-Gun as gub’nor.

5 Likes

Every R has kompromat file - every one is beholden. This is how you quickly, meticulously, rewrite the story on a compromised incumbent, and throw them an anchor

6 Likes

I love Texas. Top to bottom. Archer City to Zapata.

East Texas is kind of shitty, however. Also bad BBQ.

5 Likes

…not that CaCA might need us to push his sorry ass around.

I’m ashamed to tell you that I’m not ashamed of telling you this :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Mesquite should be illegal.

Right up there with arugula

1 Like

It isn’t?

5 Likes

Even Waco?

(I knew someone who graduated from escaped from survived Baylor. Can’t come up with any good reason to go back again.)

2 Likes

He conceded because he really just wants to spend more time with his, uh, family.

3 Likes

Some of the Missus’s family have a ranch, and they are paid good gummint dollars for removing mesquite, and red cedar too. Stuff sucks up ground water like there’s no tomorrow.

4 Likes

They’ve got a couple pretty good Whataburgers along I-35. And Baylor’s library privileges were good back in the day. If they had a book I needed, they were totally cool about lending it to me. And I smo . . . had no problem doing stuff on Southwest Conference campuses back in El Dia.

7 Likes

Well, an Interstate Whataburger barely lifts the needle above an In-N-Out, but a good library covers a multitude of sins.

2 Likes

Dried mesquite is good for rapidly burning the shit out of a thick steak, if that’s your thing. Otherwise, pass.

Red cedar is a hard pass. Straight creosote.

3 Likes

Bullshit, In-N-Out is trash.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available