Burdened By What Has Been, Dems Enter Election Home Stretch With Typical Anxiety

Be nice people. Wait for your tern.

19 Likes

He wandered silently around the stage for 16 minutes last night making weird hand gestures to the audience while this was displayed.

20 Likes

I just enjoy watching the fowl hunt and peck the puns on a keyboard.

9 Likes

I’m laying in my hotel room with my leg elevated because I’ve got a gout attack in my right foot. I wasn’t especially keen on coming on this trip in the first place. Now I know I have a marathon of traveling to get back home and wondering if I’ll be able to limp my way through miles of airports and terminals etc.

24 Likes

Then you can grouse about it.

18 Likes

My favorite was when they included a prepaid envelope to return your check to them. I used to put scraps of paper, perfume samples if we had them in the envelope and send it back.

19 Likes

Come home. It’ll be worth it.

6 Likes

21 Likes

I could stay for the socialized healthcare

9 Likes

Geesh. How many parakeets would it take to make a good meal? Do they even have drumsticks?

6 Likes

angry, bitter, chaotic, clingy, complainer, confusing, controlling, critical, cruel, dangerous, deceptive, delusional, dehumanizing, demanding, demeaning, denigrating, desperate, destructive, depressive, disconnected, disorganized, disquieting, draining, drama-queen, dysfunctional, emotional, envious, erratic, exasperating, explosive, fear-inducing, frightening, frustrated, frustrating, hysterical, imbalanced, impossible, impulsive, inappropriate, incomplete, inconsistent, irrational, irritable, irritating, malevolent, malignant, masochistic, mean, mental, mercurial, miserable, moody, morbid, nasty, perplexing, rage-filled, resentful, sarcastic, scary, seething, seesaw, suffocating, suicidal, tantrums, tempestuous, tense, threatening, tiresome, tormented, tormentor, tornado, train-wreck, tumultuous, turbulent, uncaring, undependable, unforgiving, unhappy, unhinged, unpredictable, unreasonable, unreliable, unstable, untrusting, vengeful, vindictive, violent, volatile, wound-up. *
… … … …
Which word doesn’t describe trump?

18 Likes

When I was Election Inspector, covering 4 wards in one location, I had a special one size-fits-all shirt, and met people before they hit the check-in table with it. I handed them the shirt, and said I will loan you this shirt so you can vote. If you don’t, you can go home and change your clothes I’ll meet you at the door on your way out so I can offer it to the very few other people who have forgotten the rules. But, no one ever had a face tattoo, back then. Nowadays, I’d have to have surgical caps and masks… There are many masks left over from COVID.

22 Likes

I saw a guy (a Trump supporter) asked to name one promise he’d kept. Stumped him.

30 Likes

Trump Floats No Taxes for Military, Police and Firefighters

October 19, 2024 at 10:58 am EDT By Taegan Goddard 0 Comments

“Donald Trump said he’d consider exempting police officers, firefighters, active duty military and veterans from paying taxes, the Republican nominee’s latest campaign trail idea to deliver tax breaks to key groups of supporters,” [Bloomberg](Daily Tax Report ®

An absurd proposal. Veterans can spend most of their working lives not in the military.

22 Likes

You forgot xenophobic.

Remember, X marks the spot.

Z for Zombie

9 Likes

I wonder if he realizes how few of his followers actually served…

17 Likes

Generally trump’s promises are offered to be fulfilled 2 weeks from now hoping folk wil forget.

18 Likes

Ask for a wheelchair. The airports have ways set up to expedite them processing through.

22 Likes

Suicidal? Narcissists would never want to destroy the perfect person they see themselves to be.

7 Likes

Somebody famous (let’s say Mark Twain) once said: All politics is local

I think this may translate in these cases. Trump is seen at a distance. He is outside their day-to-day reality. The “Trump” in their collective heads is, as Jon Stewart recently suggested, an idealized, fictional character seen through the lens of the TV-machine. Just as importantly, they believe the fictional existential threats the God-Emperor promises to protect them from. Trump will fix all those problems outside Arizona* that they’ve been told need to be fixed

Kari Lake is a known quantity to Arizonans. They’ve seen her close up. They can more easily compare her wack-doodle claims to their local reality. They don’t want her “fixing” Arizona problems

*those who think Arizona has been singled out are welcomed to swap out for just about any Trump leaning state, because as former speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, Thomas P. (Tip) O’Neill, once said “All politics is local”

12 Likes