Burdened By What Has Been, Dems Enter Election Home Stretch With Typical Anxiety

Originally published at: Burdened By What Has Been, Dems Enter Election Home Stretch With Typical Anxiety

Hello it’s the weekend. This is The Weekender :coffee: Despite the dependability of election years’ October neurosis for Democrats, this year’s bout has prompted a flurry of stories on the phenomenon (heck, we did a whole podcast episode about it).  The justified anxiety, though, conflates the current state of the race — close, uncertain —…

1 Like

TSF’s dementia is mooving on.

26 Likes

“Josh Kovensky gives an update on Ben Swann, the right-wing media figure who is open about at times taking money from the Kremlin to produce videos that are friendly to Putin and his interests.”
It’s the ones who aren’t open about taking money from the Kremlin that worries me!!

23 Likes
8 Likes

Trump’s statement about cows needed more cow bells. Only way to make sense of it.

20 Likes

I just got fooled by Google. This was posted when I was trying to figure out the Politico tired Trump story. Sorry for posting a very old item. It had a 9 hour ago time stamp on the Google search.

12 Likes

First, he leaned on extremist far-right conspiracy theories about immigrants eating cats and dogs. Now, Trump says his rival, Vice President Kamala Harris, is coming for the cows.

They’ve come for the cats and dogs, and now cows! But I don’t care because I have a parakeet. And if I know my history, I’m pretty sure I’m safe…

Mostly because it’s a crazy man talking and no one’s coming for anything.

32 Likes

Josh Kovensky gives an update on Ben Swann, the right-wing media figure who is open about at times taking money from the Kremlin to produce videos that are friendly to Putin and his interests. This week, Swann gave an interview to the AP, claiming that his latest funding stream for a propaganda-like video was in fact wealthy Americans.

Jesus. When you can’t differentiate between the Kremlin and wealthy Americans…

Where’s @sniffit? I need an “The Oligarchy Must Die!” right about now.

25 Likes

He’s not the president.
What year is this NPR piece from?

Look at the events listed at left on the page.
These aren’t current.

8 Likes

Am I a bad person because my first thought was he’s saying this to get out of interviews and rallies? Or to excuse his exhaustion?

10 Likes

It shouldn’t have to be Harris’ job to tell the American people that one whole party is being hijacked by foreign billionaires and oligarchs… not to mention the story of trump meeting with Murdoch to twist their reporting even more than they already do.

37 Likes

I don’t think that’s a current story and not sure what @eggrollian is getting at.

No matter what, don’t believe anything chump says

12 Likes

Yes, I see that now. But it strikes me now that I’ve read that that faking Covid is the kind of stunt he might pull.

11 Likes

…then they came for the parakeets. And there was no one to speak up for me.

18 Likes

“Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.” – Soren Kierkegaard

17 Likes

Thank you, I will try to post more responsibly. It looked like fresh news on the Google feed.

12 Likes

Yes I agree. And I share your suspicion that he will try any kind of stunt and throw any kind of chaff in his current state.

8 Likes

Wait. Doesn’t the 2nd amendment give us the right to bear cows?:joy:

I guess the whole “Kamala’s taking our guns away” thing hasn’t been working too well for TSF.

11 Likes

The guy that would like to be the leader of the free world™is reduced to picking out random pieces of conspiracy fantasy and presenting them as his own ideas. Listen closely and you can hear his neural circuits shorting out.

14 Likes

And for my next trick, I’m going to save this presidential campaign… Haha.

emptywheel (Eastern bluebird)

@emptywheel

Great job,

@elonmusk

!

22 Likes