Burdened By What Has Been, Dems Enter Election Home Stretch With Typical Anxiety

I’m in Europe been on the road a week. Having to use my phone and tablet to follow tpm and Post god I hate not having my laptop at all times. At home I have a separate monitor that’s on a swing arm right near my lazy boy. It’s been tough during waking hours here tpm is pretty bare of users while you all sleep

I can’t cut and paste as easily, or research things. Don’t get to type very much and instead I am dictating into the device and having to correct mistakes.

23 Likes

“Our playlists would probably be better” is such a great punchline. Leave it to Obama.

President Obama in Tucson:

“The point of a town hall meeting is to take questions. He just decided, ‘you know what, I’m going to stop taking questions’. And then he’s swaying to Ave Maria and YMCA for about half an hour. Folks are standing there, not sure what’s happening. Can you imagine if I did that? Could you imagine if Ruben [Gallego] did that? Our playlists would probably be better.”

39 Likes

Except they’re still at the wrong rally, the tent revival meeting is down the other street!

Also, bring religion into politics? Guess what? It ain’t religion anymore; it’s fucking politics, assholes!

41 Likes

And from what I can see that NPR story stubbornly refused to provide a year…just Oct 11

5 Likes

When I was in Australia five years ago, it was quite boring to be on the web when all of you were asleep. Heck, even the farm channel here in CT was in ‘everyone’s asleep’ mode.

9 Likes

Well right, would Don Jr be defending the hecklers shouting “Allahu Akbar”?

18 Likes

Elsewhere in idiot progeny news,

29 Likes

Guaranteed. He started putting out playlists during his presidency. He still is getting them out fairly regularly. I’ve picked up tons of new music from them.

Obama Spotify summer 2024

18 Likes

Trump’s “tired” behavior, or “exhilarated” as he describes it, has drawn press attention lately, e.g. the Politico story.

I guess rather than trying to figure out if is just old age, the Adderall talking, or something else is a fool’s errand. Maybe it’s exhausting to be so erratic – and 46% of America voters are ok with another four years of it. To get a journalistic jump, here are some terms from an FBI profiler book:

Here are some of the unfiltered words they used to describe what these toxic individual were like:

angry, bitter, chaotic, clingy, complainer, confusing, controlling, critical, cruel, dangerous, deceptive, delusional, dehumanizing, demanding, demeaning, denigrating, desperate, destructive, depressive, disconnected, disorganized, disquieting, draining, drama-queen, dysfunctional, emotional, envious, erratic, exasperating, explosive, fear-inducing, frightening, frustrated, frustrating, hysterical, imbalanced, impossible, impulsive, inappropriate, incomplete, inconsistent, irrational, irritable, irritating, malevolent, malignant, masochistic, mean, mental, mercurial, miserable, moody, morbid, nasty, perplexing, rage-filled, resentful, sarcastic, scary, seething, seesaw, suffocating, suicidal, tantrums, tempestuous, tense, threatening, tiresome, tormented, tormentor, tornado, train-wreck, tumultuous, turbulent, uncaring, undependable, unforgiving, unhappy, unhinged, unpredictable, unreasonable, unreliable, unstable, untrusting, vengeful, vindictive, violent, volatile, wound-up.*

20 Likes

Sure, he a sick, addled fuck and a threat to democracy and national security. We’d be crazy to try to drag his mangy degenerate carcass across the finish line and into the presidency, but think about all the power we’d have to fuck over the people we don’t like.

35 Likes

Well said

23 Likes

They left out zany.

5 Likes

Though I missed out on Twitter, Tesla, and Truth Social, I was smart enough to short Jack Daniels stock while he was in the cooler. How about you guys?

22 Likes

It’s a weird perspective logging on to TPM or even reading news about America when you’re traveling abroad. At least for me, somehow things don’t seem quite as real. I think it’s an effect of the time zone and probable general fatigue.

10 Likes

DonOLD udderly needs to be mooving on to greener pastures when he loses this NOV.

12 Likes

Shouldn’t that be “tweet at me”?

11 Likes

Never thought I’d see a video like the one of Trump on the Fox couch relating how he’s going upstairs to see Murdoch to ask him to cover him favorably and not report anything unfavorable. Just for the next 21 days, please. We know things like this have probably always gone on (spouse was in the news business), but not so openly and brazenly as this. Just stunning. But then each new day seems to present something that is just stunning.

23 Likes

The Pitchbot breaks character.

Stay with me here …
1/3

generations.
/end

The punchline.

44 Likes

Wanna try my phone for a few days? I don’t dictate tho the phone does seem to have that sort of capability I suppose. This phone can be a real pain inthe ass

5 Likes

Maybe not, but that doesn’t mean she shouldn’t, or can’t. With much of the “shamestream media” (thanks, former gov Palin!) both sidering and sane washing like crazy (heh), any time any one stands up to reveal reality is A Good Thing.

16 Likes