Burdened By What Has Been, Dems Enter Election Home Stretch With Typical Anxiety

Donald Trump’s latest unhinged, anti-Harris conspiracy theory: They are coming for the cows.

It is about time. Running between OKC and Altus, every trip was once filled with paranoia. It was those damn cows, huddled in the corners of their plots along the highway, heads down. They were scheming, had to be. As we drove by they would raise their heads, giving us side eye as we passed. Then they would go back to their deep discussions. We had no idea what they were talking about, but we felt in our bones, they held malice for the human species. It was a relief to make the return to OKC, get on that plane and head home. For a moment the danger felt distant.

The whole thing takes the idea of throwing red meat to your base

We will regret that phrasing one day.

20 Likes

27 Likes

This week there were comments and charts posted about the phenomena known as polymarkets. Not being very bright I needed an explanation. This article came in handy.

https://archive.is/xWk8S

Polymarket works by letting people use crypto currencies to bet anonymously on world events. Like any conventional betting system, the more money goes into one outcome, the higher the percentage the site will predict of that outcome happening—meaning that putting huge amounts of money into gambling on a Trump victory will push up the site’s percentage chance of a Republican win on election day.

18 Likes

6 Likes

What Lindsey left unsaid, is that if the R’s take the Senate they can still shape the court for the next generation by blocking progressive Dem nominees and only supporting “centrist” ones who are hard right in sheep’s clothing.

And he’s next in line to run that project as chairman of the Senate Judiciary committee. He’s been itching for revenge, ever since Dems gave poor Kavanaugh such a hard time in his confirmation hearing.

24 Likes

Two senate campaigns are interesting to me. In Arizona, Gallego consistently outpolls Lake by “a lot” to use Trump’s phrase, but Harris and Trump are tied in a dead heat. Meaning that there are Gallego-Trump voters. In North Dakota, you don’t have much polling, but Trump is supposedly crushing it with a lead of more than 25%. At the same, time you have Katrina Christiansen, who believes there are a lot of Christiansen-Trump voters. Again, really be interesting to see the final vote numbers. It seems like a person needs have very little information to get into such a liminal state that such choices make sense, just smatterings of political or economic info.

8 Likes

Actually, the Far Side revealed this decades ago.

41 Likes

Sounds pretty good to me.

[>

](x.com)

Jon Cooper 🇺🇸

@joncoopertweets

NEW: Kamala Harris has won the support of 60 percent of undecided voters who chose who they would vote for in the past month, compared to only 36 percent who opted for Trump, according to the latest Emerson College polling.

30 Likes

Man, you really have it bad over there in Europe. I’m so sorry. It’s rough, I know.

8 Likes

I’ll trust Stuart Stevens’ opinion here.

[>

](x.com)

Stuart Stevens

@stuartpstevens

This is the crew you are paying to put together a ground game for Trump,

@elonmusk

. You are the perfect client to be scammed: a rich guy with a big ego who knows nothing about politics. You’re not the first and won’t be the last to wake up after the election and wonder where your money went. https://nytimes.com/2023/12/22/us/politics/desantis-iowa-pac-ground-game.html

23 Likes

This a very skewed representation of the general public, i.e., lots of techbro libertarians. It would be similar to forming a betting market comprised of real estate developers.

18 Likes

Toucan play this game.

30 Likes

he takes money from the Russian government in exchange for producing TV shows friendly to the Kremlin.

How do you get in on this?

Is there a 1-800 number? Do you put out a RFP?

12 Likes

See, that is what I am trying to say. We need to get the word out.

5 Likes

You should have gone long on Quell.

10 Likes

(Cough, hawk up a spitball…spits)
Wassat ya say?

10 Likes

Mrs VH says that wags are spamming America Pac to sign up for the $100 and creating confusion.

17 Likes

Sparrow me the puns this close to election day.

19 Likes

Now you’re just parroting librul talking points, and crowing about it!

26 Likes

You don’t have to crow about it  : - )

13 Likes