Buckle Up For A Big Day In The Mar-a-Lago Case

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1463467
1 Like

Does anybody know just what the hell he is suppose to be testifying about???
McCarthy rejects RFK Jr.'s comments about Covid and race but won’t cancel his testimony (nbcnews.com)

Neo-Nazis and antisemites celebrate “based” Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s “100% correct” Jewish conspiracy theory | Media Matters for America

Republicans are moving ahead with plans for Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to testify before a Judiciary subpanel after he falsely claimed Covid-19 was “ethnically targeted.” (politico.com)

Family members join condemnation of Robert Kennedy Jr’s Covid remarks | Democrats | The Guardian

31 Likes

71 Likes

Weird. I was just certain that the court was going to rule that criminals should be able to stop prosecutors from investigating them. What is going to happen to our legal system if prosecutors are just allowed to prosecute anyone, even putatively wealthy white, (or Orange), males, that they think might have committed a crime?

HELLSCAPE!

78 Likes

Thanks, Sleepy Joe…! :roll_eyes:

26 Likes
17 Likes

FOUR! Separate Simultaneous Heat Domes are happening around the world!

Warm Regards!

27 Likes
44 Likes

Censorship

12 Likes

It is unclear whether Trump himself is aware that the items are on the premises of his estate,”

Uh yes he is. As “My precious” is TMFWWNBN’s instinctive reaction to the shiny things he covets. I’ve seen smarter magpies.

58 Likes

Yes. Today Judge Cannon reveals her ruling. It will push over a domino. But not a row. Jack has the row of dominos.

29 Likes

As always, the cruelty is the point:

"Officers working for Gov. Greg Abbott’s border security initiative have been ordered to push small children and nursing babies back into the Rio Grande, and have been told not to give water to asylum seekers even in extreme heat, according to an email from a Department of Public Safety trooper who described the actions as “inhumane.”

74 Likes

He’ll still get reelected. Roll Tide (may not be right name for exploitative sportsball team as I live in a state where there are other things to do). Pay the players)

4 Likes

LIEberman true to form backstabbing Democrats and gladly assisting his pal Trump.

30 Likes

“The upshot is that information today from the courthouse in Fort Pierce, Florida, is going to be a little fragmented and possibly uncertain for a while.”

Kind of like Cannon’s decision-making may be.

But she’ll hit her stride when it really matters … for Trump.

10 Likes

Officers working for Gov. Greg Abbott’s border security initiative have been ordered to push small children and nursing babies back into the Rio Grande

When Jesus said “suffer the little children,” he didn’t mean it that way.

61 Likes

That’s a hell of a case of bed head on Judge Cannon…

6 Likes

I’m ready for today’s hearing.

giphy (39)

While waiting for the court proceedings, I’m reading this story from the Daily Beast about how the New York Post and the Daily Mail are having their own bruhaha. The Daily Mail was first to report that Greg Norman and wife had this party, where another male guest assaulted a female teenager. Greg Norman and his wife are facing a lawsuit from this teenager. The New York Post ran the story without crediting the Daily Mail. Then there is this mess with GB presenter Dan Wooten who at one time worked for Murdoch’s British tabloid the Sun. The story has the Royal Family, extortion, sex, and Rupert Murdoch’s newspapers.

The summer heat is getting to the two major tabloid dynasties.

24 Likes

Hey, Jesus was baptized in a river - same thing going on here.

9 Likes

Shorter Quevin–“He may be a buffoon and a danger but he’s our buffoon!”

27 Likes