BREAKING: Former President Trump Appears Injured After Incident At Rally

It has - at least one spectator is dead, possibly a second one…

10 Likes

How about we all write letters to the trump campaign, pretend to be magats, and suggest that at all future rallies they distribute firearms to all attendees at the gate, so we can all be safe from these active shooter situations. Unlikely they’ll take up our idea, but worth a shot, as the expression goes.

4 Likes

This will END his outdoor rallies. And since he’s too cheap to spring for indoor arenas (because he knows they’ll demand full payment up front), this may end his rallies all together.

18 Likes

How about we not be as shitty as they would be?

27 Likes

Condolences to their families and friends but that isn’t who I was talking about.

4 Likes

I just hope the shooter wasn’t an immigrant.

10 Likes
22 Likes

If he wasn’t actually the target (we don’t know yet), and the blood on his ear was from being thrown down by the USSS to protect him… well, it won’t matter. Trump just got the greatest boost he could hope for, going into the convention as a hero. Dammit to Hell.

4 Likes

Surely it would be just what the Founders intended!

2 Likes

This is a terrible development. At the same time part of me is channeling Monty Python ‘Come see the violence inherent in the system…’ As it happens, I have some direct experience with presidential level protection. A number of years ago, as a patrol reserve on a large West Coast LEO, I was on their Dignitary Protection Unit. I worked some Obama visits to our city. We would be assigned ‘counter surveillance’ which meant each of us was partnered with a Secret Service agent in plain clothes and wandering through the crowd looking for trouble. I’m not sure what Trump’s level of protection is, but if it is close to a sitting president’s there would have been numerous sharp shooters in place. As one of my partner SSA agents said to me during an assignment 'the only thing that ever worries me is the snipers. I know if something went down next to us we’d just be collateral damage."

17 Likes

Thoughts and prayers!

5 Likes

Over the top. Will a dem decide to vote for Trump because of this? No. This changes nothing as far as the vote goes.

19 Likes

The USSS was complicit in an attempted coup, and destroyed all messages afterward, stop pretending they are good actors.

7 Likes

I need to watch the video again to be sure, but it looked to me like, after he pulled his hand away from his ear, his hand was clean - no blood.

2 Likes

I kinda did, here even.

3 Likes

But it’s too soon to talk about gun control.

17 Likes

False. Assumes facts not in evidence. The cult will heroize. Everyone else hates him.

24 Likes

This will put the brakes on anti Trump ads for a bit.

3 Likes

The video clearly shows him standing, placing his hand on right ear, pulling it away with blood on hand while standing. Moments latter the SS tells him down.

3 Likes

Plenty of smoke. The smoke is getting blown to the left of the barrel after each shot because the gun is on a moving boat.

3 Likes