Bolton Posts Cryptic Tweet Amid Speculation Over His Testimony Intentions

“Can’t” do that, meaning they don’t have the technological ability? Or “Can’t” do it because it’s not allowed?

I wouldn’t put it past them to have revoked it via Twitter channels, only for Bolton to have jumped through hoops getting it restored.

3 Likes

Hill was not in any legal jeopardy. Bolton may or may not be; it’s not yet clear.

6 Likes

Good point. But they still have to make an attempt to get him in.

2 Likes

I think the tax returns will be our ‘Sauron’.

4 Likes

I don’t either. My point is the idea of not subpoenaing Bolton is completely INSANE.

4 Likes

I don’t believe that Bolton is the secret sauce to all these hearings.

I have only three supposedly known facts about him while he briefly served under tRump.

1. That he was more than willing to join team tRump to carry out his policies, even knowing that tRump was a Putin loyalist enmeshed in dirty deals with Russian oligarchs and cutouts, which all happened way before he joined his administration.

2. That he was upset with both the national security policy changes with respect to both Ukraine and Syria by those supposedly in the know, but only after the fact. Who are all those specific people that were in the know? Does Bolton have a publicist too now?

3. He left because he became aware of an underhanded “drug deal” and presumably didn’t want any part of it, and is now going to write a book for a $2 million advance.

That’s it.

Bolton has never been a good faith actor imo. But suddenly he’s being hailed because he quit this administration to maintain his integrity or credentials as a Russia hawk. Then why did he join this administration in the first place? Something to me in all this just doesn’t add up.

Like all hard right political operators, Bolton has always had his own objectives and side grifts going on. As a diplomat, he was never considered very diplomatic in any traditional sense. The difference is that his rightwing ideology no longer aligned with tRump’s…but when did it ever? The pay out with his book deal is still one way of achieving a part of his objective, to keep his bone fides as a war hawk intact, if not his ‘integrity’ as a true patriot going up against tRump in a public hearing where tRump would actually be held accountable. By not testifying, Bolton also protects himself from being questioned as to why he joined Team tRump in the first place, knowing what he should have known about tRump’s affinity for bowing down to Putin on Crimea, and all the other political help he had already given to tRump at the expense of Ukraine.

39 Likes

I could not agree more.

5 Likes

GOP made to look absolutely foolish by this distinguished ambassador and brave and intelligent women.

" Fiona Hill forceful, direct in countering Republican defense of Trump"

Former NSC aide fills in critical blanks after more than a week of impeachment hearings"

10 Likes

I could not have said this any better.

8 Likes

I don’t expect Bolton to be the hero of this sad play. But he can confirm crucial information on the release of the aid, meetings around the issue and he’s a well known figure that Republicans will have a harder time disowning. Not to mention the sliver of a possibility that he has the goods beyond what we already know and is willing to spill. It may turn out to be unnecessary testimony, but to not even subpoena him is ridiculously irresponsible.

5 Likes

Dems have better things to do than help Bolton promote his book. They are kinda busy. We have a clear picture of Bolton’s role in the “drug deal” and don’t need to tussle with him in court right now.

4 Likes

They follow protocol.

3 Likes

Nice Republic we had here. Shame we couldn’t keep it.

4 Likes

Did I miss the part where anyone gave a shit that he was not tweeting? And is there a possibility of calling more witnesses (Bolton and Mulvaney) at the Senate trial? Will it be any harder for the WH to refuse to release documents at the Senate trial?

14 Likes

What a disingenuous argument for not even attempting to subpoena a key witness.

Duly doted.

4 Likes

And not only iyo.

Great comment. Thanks.

5 Likes

Explain please… There is no way Bolton testifying doesn’t put tRump in deeper shit.

2 Likes

That the juice ain’t worth the squeeze. Tussling with Bolton in court for months over a subpoena isn’t worth what he would add to a solid case.

But you know that.

8 Likes

I’m afraid grandpa that you’ll have to wait for his book to come out then, for all to be revealed. Maybe they’ll sell it to the public like its a cliffhanger…Frankly, that’s what sells books.

Like I said, I don’t believe he’s a good faith actor. He won’t incriminate himself either. He could volunteer to testify but he won’t. Why is that do you suppose?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available