Boebert Offers ‘Thousand Apologies’ After Assuming Dem Accused Her Of Aiding Rioters

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), a gun-rights hardliner who has vowed to carry her firearm around the Capitol, on Thursday backtracked on her accusation that Rep. Patrick Maloney (D-NY) had tied her to the deadly insurrection at the Capitol by President Donald Trump’s supporters.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354837
1 Like

Boebert was told to make that apology. Her initial reaction was telling.

92 Likes

Factually ignorant Boebert says what?

35 Likes

“Um, I’ve never said your name in public, @ RepBoebert. Never. Not once. (If you’re going to be a gun nut, you probably shouldn’t go off half cocked.)"

Is it any wonder I keep confusing “Lauren Boebert” with “Lorena Bobbitt”?

153 Likes

Gosh I could just FEEL the sincerity dripping off her fingers…you bet.

38 Likes

“I wasn’t even near the bank, I was at home all day. Oh, you didn’t say I was near the bank? Nevermind”.

Shuffles off to burn balaclava.

88 Likes

"He offered to post the transcript of the interview but warned her that it “might be like ‘a fact,’” so the transcript “might not help you.”

32 Likes

Oh, I recognize this behavior. Because I raised two teenagers. This Congress is going to be more insufferable than usual.

74 Likes

YA irresponsible, unqualified nut sitting in our House of Representatives. What does this say about those who elect these people? A rhetorical question, I know. Can we start giving psychological exams to these folks before they are sitting in Congress?

26 Likes

Jeez, protest too much Boebert? He could have been referring to any one of a dozen insurrectionist, violent, crazy people who have been in congress for all of five fucking seconds and are already threatening the lives of all their colleagues.

Those attendees at your catering gigs still have diarrhea, Rep. Immodium?

43 Likes

Line forms to the right for the Freedom from Facts caucus.

32 Likes

This is it. If you haven’t been accused, and still feel a need to proclaim your innocence, you’re probably not innocent.

The FBI should consider this to be a tip.

90 Likes

I’m certain that if the rioters had gotten into the House Floor while Representatives were there she would have aided the rioters, not her “colleagues”.

19 Likes

Expect to see this person make more apologies for her “half-cocked” statements and behavior.

And she better learn to follow the rules that the majority sets for the chamber. Or she’ll find her broke ass out on the streets.

Rules do matter.

20 Likes

It sure seems to me like publicly announcing that you’re going to illegally carry a firearm forms the basis of reasonable suspicion for any cop to search this moron anytime she’s out in public. Pat her down, Capitol po-pos.

66 Likes

Bobbitt likes to get up close with a knife.

1 Like

Events can overtake the stupid.

Exhibit A

29 Likes

No Mulligans for you, Jefferson Davis.

4 Likes

Starting her term off with a bang.

8 Likes

You libs and your factsy fact accurateyal fctual factiness.

Meh!

I have alternative facts! So there!

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available