Bloomberg Takes The Debate Stage With A Target On His Back

Thanks to a Democratic National Committee rule change, the ninth Democratic presidential primary debate Wednesday will see the entrance of a new candidate to the stage: former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291979

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. The nation will get its taste.

6 Likes

Just so that at some point, all the DEM candidates stop to recall that the real target is Donnie?

Don’t tell us what’s wrong with the other candidates, tell us how you’re going to actually / realistically beat Trump like a rented mule, while picking up the Senate and holding on to the House. That’s all that matters.

11 Likes

Well, as much as this nonsense has gone on for far too long at least they’ll be someone new and ever so attackable. Will I watch? Doubtful.

This asshole again.

7 Likes

I hope it’s chocolate.

2 Likes

Never can decide between chocolate and vanilla. Throw dulce de leche in there too…and just plain caramel.

2 Likes

Mike Bloomberg gave millions of dollars to Michigan governor Rick Snyder a couple of years ago because he “took on the unions”.

We can do better.

7 Likes

Me either. Highly doubtful.

I guess everyone is already expecting Bloomberg to be impaled tonight. I wonder if the attacks will be able to meet expectations? People might be disappointed if Bloomberg isn’t completely taken apart tonight. We shall see.

1 Like

Cuban-style flan has its merits.

2 Likes

It’s going to be the Bloomberg vs Bernie vs Biden tonight. The battle of the elderly white men.

1 Like

In November yes.

Wrong. It’s an election. Seeing how a candidate responds to attacks on their record and character is important as that is all the Republicans will do once they are the nominee.

Kid glove treatment of a primary opponent the worst thing that could happen to us.

No Democrat is going to say worse than what a Republican will send the nominee’s way.

That too.

4 Likes

Not me

Maybe / let’s see what happens.

4 Likes

Just curious: Has Mike Bloomberg disclosed his tax returns? Does anyone know?

1 Like

That’s why I predict that the “fringe” candidates Buttigieg and Klobuchar will horn in with some pretty solid hits (like what Yang and Steyers used to do when they were fringe.)

4 Likes

Mandlebaum! Mandlebaum! Mandlebaum!

10 Likes

reminder

7 Likes

In “normal” times I’d agree with you, but these ain’t normal times. Focus on Trump, not each other.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available