Birx: ‘No Metro Area Will Be Spared’ | Talking Points Memo

Trump Pandemic, if you please.

4 Likes

The Swedish ventilator manufacturer Getinge ramped up production since January, already near double, but it has to be able to do what it promises on every delivery contract.

Here was a press piece from 2 weeks ago on a delivery of 500 ventilators:

“Our annual production last year was 10,000 so it’s an extremely big tender. We could only bid for 500 ventilators, and we have now received confirmation that we will deliver,” Getinge CEO Mattias Perjos said in an interview.

Note that the bottleneck is components. The coronavirus has destroyed global production chains. Indeed, repairing or kluging these chains has been the biggest issue in restarting Chinese manufacturing. In normal times it would be hard to make such orders.

7 Likes

Degree? He paid surrogates to take his exams and bought his research papers. Trump could never get through even the general parts of the college boards Wharton requires for acceptance. He’s an idle rich slob. He never learned anything in his life and his “degree” is joke.

10 Likes

No metro area will be spared. Also no rural area. But Death Valley is still pretty clear.

Seriously, we may as well stay where we are and minimize exposure the best we can. Epidemiolgists never got the tests they needed to apply early control measures while the virus percolated through our population. Travel carries substantial risks now.

5 Likes

Seriously, it’s already all over the country.

4 Likes

He thought he could build a wall.

1 Like

Haha funny you should mention hospital parking lots. Total genius and not at all repellently creepy weirdo Todd Starnes drove up to a hospital in Brooklyn where everything was quiet outside, filmed it, and sarcastically said “This is a war zone” because obviously everything’s fine if there’s not much doing in the parking lot. The stupidity, it’s just staggering. If he doesn’t see people in the parking lots with garbage bags on running in circles with blood gushing from their eye sockets he’s not impressed.

9 Likes

Read here about the massive intelligence failure: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/29/the-coronavirus-is-the-worst-intelligence-failure-in-us-history

6 Likes

He wanted to see people jumping from the upper floors.

2 Likes

“If they mitigate now before they start seeing cases in the emergency room and in the hospital, once you see those, the virus has been spreading for days to weeks. So this is really my call on every mayor to prepare now.”

Didn’t she just mock not two days ago those hospitals preparing DNRs for older patients with relatively worse prognoses?? God, I despise her to no end.

11 Likes

Sure. Covid came to South Florida when NYers fled the state. Has nothing at all to do with that fuckwit in Tallahassee refusing to take action what with all that sweet spring break cash to bank and Trump needing cover. But, sure, gaslight us with blame on NY.

11 Likes

I shouldn’t be surprised. These are the people who ask you if evolution is a thing why didn’t all the apes turn into people. You want to break off the debate and go find them minders so they don’t hurt themselves, running around loose that way.

9 Likes

The open by Easter idea was just Trump not thinking out loud. Wishful thinking.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

At least three months and two weeks late, and Brit is still fluffing for the orange narcissist:

She can go to jail with the rest of his group of grifters and fools, and fascist boot-lickers.

11 Likes

Yeah, she basically said don’t be scaring people with accurate information, sheesh, soft-pedal that shit. She and Fauci are the Goofus and Gallant of the scientific community in this thing.

9 Likes

" Dr Deborah Birx Praises Trump Being So ‘Attentive To Scientific Literature"

" Dr. Birx Won’t Advise Americans On Continuing Lockdown: 'I’m Going To Share It With The President"

" Dr. Birx’s credibility is ‘dying’ after she praised Trump’s grasp of coronavirus science: MSNBC host"

8 Likes

Birx has a bad habit of making gaffes like her earlier one and frankly this one. There are cities in danger of having NYC-sized epidemics, but there has been and will be variation across the country. New Orleans is emerging as an epicenter but probably for reasons different from NYC—it doesn’t have NYC’s international links, density, etc. It also doesn’t have NYC’s clear ability to test a lot of people and scale-up even in the face of shortages and federal knuckle dragging.

The modeling outcomes continue to be inconsistent and the models I’ve read make no allowances for the obvious geographic patterns of spread that have been observed. Heavy travel around the new year and then again around Chinese New Year facilitated a lot of this and examples like the Biogen conference, Mar-a-lago, and Colorado ski resorts highlight the role of business and pleasure travel.

5 Likes

Boy, did this statement not age well. But, in fairness…checks notes…it’s all the way from 3 days ago…

Who could have possibly known??

ETA: I mean Birx’s statement.

14 Likes

What she doesn’t seem to realize is once you’ve sacrificed your integrity, you can’t get it back. The only reason I listen to anything she says is to mock her. Because she’s toying with human lives to protect the asshole in chief.

She’s forced to give us at least a semblance of the truth because the next two weeks, at least, will be very difficult.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available