Birx: ‘No Metro Area Will Be Spared’ | Talking Points Memo

The whole administration is like a bad boss—imagine one of your choosing—who orders staff to do something, and if some brave soul says “But how can we if we don’t have this and that or the other…” and the boss yells, “Just do it!” and that’s the end of the planning session. No SWOT, no decision tree, no working on the bottlenecks. Just do it.

27 Likes

I fear for the tenor of these posts for next weeks. They would be much MUCH better if Trump were sidelined.

Sidelining Trump is the best thing we can do. Send him to Camp David and make him stay there.

Seriously.

8 Likes

I remember when he visited CDC wearing his MAGA hat and said, “Maybe I should have been a doctor.” On the one hand he would have killed many of his patients, but on the other hand as POTUS he gets to kill 100,000 or more, so perhaps he should have…

14 Likes

Not good if that is true. Have you checked the JHU site, Admin2 tab (lower left hand side) and scan for yours? For the counties that are of immediate interest I have noticed that they are current on the weather channel site…

1 Like

Personally I am looking forward to our next brain-damaged anecdotal update from President Dunning-Kruger and his merry band of not-quites, never-weres, and genuinely horrible people. The daily bullshit is a brutal reminder of how truly fucked we are.

12 Likes

Yes, that’s my go-to source, that and Michigan.gov.

2 Likes

You figure out how to get a major-party death cult to do that and you’ll be showered with honors. You’d deserve them, too. Got your work cut out for you, though.

10 Likes

Giuliani : “I’ve been through crises like this one, one of them worse.”
He thinks 9/11 was worse than COVID-19?

Let’s just mentally compare the death tolls of the two distasters.

He’s nuts.

8 Likes

It is a lot more merciful to hit them with the real thing from the start, it gives them time to reconsider their career choice.

3 Likes

Oh God. He’d have washed out the first semester of pre-med. Nobody cares if you have an economics degree and don’t really know shit. The damage you can do is limited.

3 Likes

I blame that the goddamn tanning bed in the WH for the shitgibbons ability to inadvertantly avoid catching it despite his best efforts otherwise…

1 Like

She apparently hasn’t gotten the ETTD memo.

4 Likes

Apparently not.

4 Likes

This is like 9/11 every day for the foreseeable future

4 Likes

Let’s run the Trump Administration through Freshman Calculus. That will weed out the slackers very efficiently. Plan for an attrition rate of 70 percent. Those are my numbers, anyway, which might account for a certain percentage of my student evaluations.

5 Likes

Now, be reasonable. He didn’t become president on the strength of an economics degree. And most dullards with such degrees just become middle management at some place that isn’t too fussy.

4 Likes

Dr. Deborah Birx is always wearing a scarf. Do you suppose she pulls it up over her face as soon as the pressers are done?

4 Likes

This must be fake news!

Trump promised on January 18th at Davos with CNBC that the US had the virus under control and there was nothing g to worry about. Trump promised the CDC and the US were fully equipped and ready.

When will Americans realize Donald Trump is nothing more than an incompetent and ignorant BS lying scum bag!

Trump should face the firing squad for gross incompetence and dereliction of duty at a time of war! Under Trump, the front line troops have no defense against the virus.

Trump is a draft dodger and coward extraordinaire!

10 Likes

You know it is going to get much worse when the:

• head nodding to everything Trump says
  • ritual praise giving
  • scolding reporters for being irresponsible for scaring people

Dr. Birx shows up and begins to sound the alarm.

4 Likes

That’s the only way to survive if you plan to stick around staving off disaster in the Trump era.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available