Birx: ‘No Metro Area Will Be Spared’ | Talking Points Memo

White House coronavirus response coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx warned that “no state, no metro area will be spared” from the coronavirus outbreak during an interview on MSNBC Sunday morning.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1300322

No shit…

A day late and a dollar short, but at least some semblance of reality is taking hold…

21 Likes

Finland is a bit ahead of the US curve, so the greater Helsinki are has already been locked down, you can’t go in or out without a hall pass. One argument made to people who thought they might flee to their summer house by some remote lake or on an island is that if they are already infected or get infected, they may have to try to get back to their home town anyway as a) they are not registered in that county, and b) it doesn’t take much to swamp the resources of a small rural hospital. Such a stunt has to be well planned and well-considered.

18 Likes

Trump predicted we would go from 15 cases to zero.

And it will … by way of 10/20/30/40/50+ million or so.

11 Likes

Prepare, by all means. How? Good question. But certainly put on your list to head down to Ventilators ‘R’ Us and mention Deborah’s name to get 10 percent off your first order of thousands of unavailable ventilators. It’s located conveniently near PPE World, which is similarly bare of stocks. Just—I don’t know, prepare, dammit!

45 Likes

But…once you’ve hitched your car to the discredited Trump train its hard for people to take your advice seriously… her statement claiming the Don was immersed in the science of the pandemic made it a long road back toward believability…he continues to sound like a hopeless ignoramous and behave like a petulant 8 year old child.

40 Likes

Fauci and Birx have given us the bad truth this Sunday, now Trump will try to con us with happy talk the rest of the week.

16 Likes

All the while kicking some dastardly blue state governors ass!

4 Likes

14 Likes

“What we’re trying to say to everyone is when this virus comes to your metro area, please stay in your metro area where your care can be provided because it’s spreading virus more quickly around the United States.”
she then added: " And please folks, be sure an buy plenty of guns and ammo, because our team is going to be working hard in the coming months to roil you up."

14 Likes

I’ve known Profs to do this with hapless freshmen.

Lie to 'em and under-teach 'em (and under-assign).

Then give 'em an Oxford-level final.

The Trump sycophancy is real with this one, and $20 words coupled with frowns won’t wash it off.

8 Likes

Birx and Fauci are doing good cop/bad cop? They ameliorated Trump’s asinine “let’s whack NY” impulse, but can they move him from his completely nightmarish “let’s open things up for Easter” grand plan? It is only hundreds and thousands of lives that hang in the balance.

8 Likes

How is it possible to have the above with Trump?

7 Likes

Just be sure you get plenty of Jaredavanka Tonic and take some ecenacia!
snakesalesmancrop_8328

11 Likes

Yeah, the violence is coming, I fear. And where will victims go? My scary thought for the day. Time to exercise.

5 Likes

I’ll post this link again, it allows to quickly determine what is going on in your county by means of your zip code, rule of thumb is that actual cases are ~8 times higher. Plan your activities accordingly

9 Likes

First step, make sure your Governor says nice things about Donnie… :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

And get those tents up in the hospital parking lots! Also, get out there and clone those nurses and PAs. You can make more of them, we have the technology!

8 Likes

If medical care personnel need to be moved from place to place, have military transport do it.

1 Like

The Weather Channel did not update my county for two days this week, so I’ve stopped using it as a source.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available