Biden Warns Californians They’ll Get A ‘Trump Clone’ If Newsom Loses Recall: ‘It’s Not A Joke’

Elder’s CV is just cribbed from Black conservatives like Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams who have been writing the same very libertarian views for years.
I read them in grad school for some of their views on economics. They thought that the minimum wage should be $0 because employees can set an entry level wage that would be beneficial to minorities who are entering the job market.
During hurricane Andrew in 92 Sowell wrote a column stating that if the price of bottled water and fuel go up during a catastrophic event, well hey tough, that’s the free market.

4 Likes

I can’t make head or tail of this comment.

The border is closed only US nationals and green card holders can cross. But who cares, I sure the deep state will make an exception for those buses.

2 Likes

While I have no doubt that Elder is going to use our shameless and totally effective election fraud as griftbait, the party as a whole seems to have internalized the objective reality that Trump turned out 11 million more voters in 2020 than any Republican presidential candidate had ever previously turned out. They know that without those extra voters, they are totally fucked. And the best way for Trumptards to prove that thesis is to not vote (because we totally won’t count their dumb ballots if they do).

10 Likes

And only about 8 million were fake ballots.

The fraud is real.

1 Like

I can see that, but did Arnie want to blow up the whole system?
Speaking of catastrophes did the Terminator terminate any wild fires? Does Elder have a plan to fight forest fires?

2 Likes

But does the CA gov have the power for over ride county officials?

1 Like

Elder may have to consult with a few of the religious con men in the state.

1 Like

Rakes. Exclusive contract through Four Seasons Total Landscaping.

8 Likes

From NYT

Mr. Newsom’s lead now dwarfs the typical polling error and is large enough to withstand nearly every statewide polling miss in recent memory.

Opposition to recalling Mr. Newsom leads by 16 points, 57.3 to 41.5 percent, according to the FiveThirtyEight average. Polls in 2020 overestimated the Democrats by an average of about five percentage points.

9 Likes

5 down from 57 is way too close to 50 for comfort.

4 Likes

That’s you being you.

4 Likes

Yeah, well, pretty much everyone was predicting a blow-out for Biden last November, not a nail-biter lasting days until we knew.

1 Like

You are again being you.

1 Like

Give me a shoutout this evening when results start coming in and it’s too close to call.

Is it just me but because of Trump, pretty much any new Republican is not just an asshole, they’re also a Libertarian asshole?
For as long as I can remember the cry from the right has been “Taxes Are Too Damn High!” But I don’t think that I’ve ever heard anyone question these fools about OK what part of government services would you like to give up? If you outsource all programs and work that the government performs then that’s a lot of contracted work. Who is going to supervise that contracted work is being done legally, and according to code?
Then there is the fools who want to only pay for the services that they use. Well with today’s tech that can be arranged, and I’m betting that pay as you go isn’t has cheap as what your taxes gives you access to.

6 Likes

Nah. Trump would think that Elder, as a wife-beating disciple, is “one of the Good Negroes.”

There won’t be one. After Elder loses, no CA court will hear it.

Per @txlawyer: remember the risk in false historical equivalencies. Biden nailed it, saying in effect, “Hey, CA? Do you want another Trump?”

They don’t. Elder is going to get clobbered, and Trump will pretend he “never heard of him.”

5 Likes

Anything is possible, Newsom could drop dead of a massive heart attack even but unless he does he’ll win.

1 Like

I’m glad that you can be solidly optimistic.

Sounds reasonable, until after the contract is signed and it comes to light that FSTL has to purchase a hella lot of rakes. And those rakes are made in China, and the supplies to make those rakes comes from India, and but they have to be shipped through the Suez Canal for some unknow reason, and there’s another big ass ship stuck in the canal, and thus the global supply chain is fucked again.

And the part of “raking the forests” that I haven’t heard addressed is what are they going to do with the plant material that they raked out of the forest? Are they going to compost it? Will they leave in big piles, which would make the piles vulnerable to catching fire.
If the plan is to rake the forests to clear out shit, why not start with targeted terrain clearing with goats?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available