Biden To Tap Cindy McCain For Ambassadorship

Press Release from the Arizona GOP:
“But…but…sputter…snort…YOU JUST WAIT! WE’RE GOING TO…TO CENSURE YOU AGAIN! SEE HOW YOU LIKE THAT!”

10 Likes

Dear Meagan,
Thank you for making Princess Leia’s hairstyle look less ridiculous. BTW, next time you negotiate your contract, ask for a mirror in your dressing room.

12 Likes

Yep.

“If you no longer want the level-headed, sane members of your party, I’ll take them.” - Joltin’-Joe Biden

17 Likes

At least if she gets stranded on a desert island, she’ll have these two buns to eat.

7 Likes

She’s not.

You’re right.

There are any number of people who are more informed and more experienced.

1 Like

Please tell me that has been photoshopped. Otherwise, the hairdo from hell.

4 Likes

Because … ?

1 Like

Mickey Mouse has gone to court to obtain a cease and desist order.

6 Likes

She’ll do fine. It’s not like this is a job where she has a lot of authority to make policy based on her ideology. This is a good reward for a person who helped break the iron grip of Trumpism on the Republican party that does not go too far and actually empower Republicanism.

15 Likes

I guess I wanna hear her other capabilities, because pwning the fcuknig Rump lovers should not be a policy objective.

3 Likes

For contrast, look at the two people Obama appointed to this position.

1 Like

Still has a whiff of nepotism. Then again, her daddy knew a lot about beer distribution so ….

2 Likes

I wish they name that annoying brat as ambassador to the Solomon Islands or Fiji or any other place where cannibalism is practiced.

3 Likes

This does not surprise me at all. It’s smart politics.

11 Likes

:roll_eyes:
Purity Ponyism at its most classic Leftier than Thou.

8 Likes

Exactly, Ambassadorships have rather little real power or influence, they are more in the modern era about sending messages (plus getting buy-in).

For those two later effects, McCain is brilliant.

A wonderful shot across the bow of the Trumpists and having such people on board helps get wider support for the specific actions - she has no real technical role…

10 Likes

Newsflash: Women are not responsible for the actions and behaviors of their husbands. Not Cindy McCain nor Hillary Clinton or even Laura Bush and Melania Trump.

29 Likes

Nonsense.

She’s perfectly qualified for such a Ambo post which is non-technical (contra say UN or something). It has no actual technical role and is purely messaging and also support generating. The technical work - to the extent it’s needed here is undertaken by the chargé de mission from State Department professional ranks (just like with the political appointees to the country Amboships, the real work is done by the No.2 who’s a professional State officer)

There’s no technical role or engagement in such a posting, so it’s more about broadening the US domestic side support, for which per profile re Country Club Republicans is perfectly good fit.

Plus it’s a delightful fuck you to the Trumpists.

What’s not to like?

16 Likes

President Joe Biden is making appointments to governmental positions in part as a way to “troll” the GOP? How is this any more intelligent or good that online conservatives trying to “own the libs” with whatever nonsense they post? If you are seriously reveling in the AZ GOP, or whatever, being “trolled” by Cindy McCain being given a post in a Democratic administration then you have lost the thread.

1 Like

I disagree.

As noted above, for contrast you can look at Obama’s two appointees.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available