Biden To Tap Cindy McCain For Ambassadorship

President Joe Biden is gearing up to tap Cindy McCain, the wife of late Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), as his first GOP appointee in his administration that requires a Senate confirmation, according to Politico.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369129
1 Like

Hahahahahahahahaha…

Take THAT, AZ GOP!

44 Likes

Many exploding heads as a result

23 Likes

But not Meghan? Lolz

11 Likes

Maybe she’ll run into Helmet Head and hopefully someone will ask them about Matt Gaetz so they can make the news.

1 Like

Oh, the AZ GOP will most certainly censure her for SOMEthing before her departure, but she’ll be a fine ambassador. Not worried about this appointment. Joe worked closely with her husband on stuff and I’m sure he and she know each other reasonably well.

18 Likes

This looks like a smart move to me. She is richer than Dog and probably wields a lot of influence with the upper crust of the Republican party.

23 Likes

OT but it’s Monday
Tom Tomorrow once again proves that Republicans have assassinated satire by just reporting the facts

30 Likes

Cindy McCain is a wealthy heiress whose reactionary, incredibly hawkish husband ran a racist campaign for the presidency in 2008 that enabled and riled up the exact same sort of people who voted Trump into the presidency eight years later. Since the U.N. World Food Programme helps impoverished people around the world, including the victims of US wars of aggression that have been always been supported by the McCains, I’m unclear on why she’s a good fit for the job (though maybe it’s not a job the US government takes seriously). More generally, the practice of appointing political pals who help a president’s campaign to ambassadorships remains gross and indicative of the rot at the heart of American political culture. Congratulations to Mrs. McCain though!

6 Likes

First merrick garland and now Cindy McCain? Biden is getting his troll game up to expert level, lol.

38 Likes

That’s now why Joe did it.

THIS is why Joe did it.

35 Likes

That’s great news for Cindy McCain!

18 Likes

But not Meghan? Lolz

No, no Meagan today.

8 Likes

There has to be something negative about this…let’s wait and see what Twitter comes up with. Mrs. McCain is actually a good choice for this slot. It’s usually a mistake for a Democrat to appoint a GOP’er to a lofty position but I doubt that’s the case here. Who want’s to bet…something like 98 / 2 on confirmation.

11 Likes

He really is. This says “bipartisan” without giving away anything of any great value. He’s not so dumb, Uncle Joe.

46 Likes

Heh.

9 Likes

“Uncanny Valley Girl”

13 Likes

Newty Newt and his lovely Vatican ambassador wife got 4 years of an all expense paid (with salary) trip to Rome so why not Mrs McCain.

4 Likes

I think Joe Biden loved winning Arizona in 2020 and does not take for granted that Democrats will win the state again. Getting the endorsements from Jeff Flake and Cindy McCain did matter, and reminding Arizonans that the sensible Republicans in the state won’t follow Trumpster leadings is a great way to present Biden and the Democratic Party as the mature and reasonable party to vote for.

Let’s keep Arizona Blue.

43 Likes

Now that’s bi-ambassador-partisan-ship!!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available