Biden To Skip Second Major Party Meeting

Former Vice President Joe Biden will skip a major DNC meeting in San Francisco this weekend, leaving 13 of his fellow candidates to schmooze the many delegates who will be in attendance.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1243361

Too bad he’s not skipping the Presidential race all together…

13 Likes

There won’t be any of his racist Republican buddies there, so why should he bother?

2 Likes

`

Biden at a Cape Cod fundraiser tonight: “There’s an awful lot of really good Republicans out there. I get in trouble for saying that with Democrats, but…every time we ever got in trouble with our administration, remember who got sent up to Capitol Hill to fix it? Me.”

— Matt Viser (@mviser) August 18, 2019
`

I trust Joe Biden being able to sway those “good Republicans” to support Democratic legislation and judicial and cabinet appointments (Hey, Joe! Remember Obamacare? How about Merrick Garland?) about as much as I trust Stevie Wonder to fix my plumbing.

And I love Stevie Wonder!

10 Likes

Lots of people accused Hillary of being entitled in 2016. Now look at this. Wonder what they think of Biden :thinking:
ETA: Hope these are not the same people who thought/still think Biden could have won in 2016.

11 Likes

Ridiculous exaggeration.

4 Likes

Biden’s campaign is nothing but a resource drain. I predict he drops out for possibly legitimate health reasons.

5 Likes

I’m waiting for Joe Biden to start screaming, “Where’s the beef?!”

1 Like

They prolly claim that they were for ‘anyone but Joe’.

1 Like

According to Politico, also planning to bypass the event are South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX).

k

3 Likes

Bring back Al Franken.
He can totally handle Trump.

11 Likes

There’s a lot that’s messed up about the Biden campaign right now. No message of the day. No real presence on tv in terms of appearances/interviews. No daily/weekly contrast w/Trump on the key issues that are out there being discussed. Instead, these distractions about some stupid comment he makes get more coverage. That’s just not the way to run a campaign.

11 Likes

4 Likes

AHH… so now we see Biden is going for the anti-DNC vote.

1 Like

Gee, skipping the opportunity to give handjobs to Party insiders in favor of meeting actual voters…

This is news why, exactly?

5 Likes

The way his campaign is going, I’m not sure Biden will even last until the California primary so he’s probably right to avoid the state.

2 Likes

The legacy of his working with Republicans certainly is impressive.
Not. Does he really think he will garner Rep support that others won’t simply by saying how well he manipulated, I mean worked with them? Too many fails to be credible.

1 Like

I am beginning to wonder why he is running. Even more of a wonder: how in hell, with the deficiencies you mention, is he leading so strongly in the polls? We cannot afford a complacent candidate in 2020 for any position, but particularly for POTUS.

3 Likes

“Never Biden”

2 Likes

Gee, maybe because @khyber900 has his eyes set on a different candidate and is bound and determined to undermine Biden.

‘Deficiencies’ aren’t deficiencies if they aren’t hurting him anywhere except with pundits who the average voter doesn’t care about anyway.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available