Biden-Harris Transition Names Agency Review Teams | Talking Points Memo

President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris have named their agency review teams. Below is the full list of names the transition team has announced:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1344060
1 Like

I don’t recall lists like this 4 years ago :rofl:

19 Likes

Only because Clinton never had a chance to make the announcement.

18 Likes

Nice mix of people. It’s a shame they won’t be allowed to do their jobs unless and until Team Biden files a lawsuit seeking emergency injunctive relief.

10 Likes

It is also worth noting that every one of these transition advisors will be doing so as volunteers.

12 Likes

Safe to say that nobody was dragged into it against their will, but a handful of them are on the Transition’s payroll if you’re really getting at whether they’re being paid.

4 Likes

We only heard about the Trump transition team as 1 by 1 they were charged with crimes.

19 Likes

It appears that Biden is not having problems getting people to work for him, most for no pay. Which says something about them, and about Biden.

9 Likes

While I don’t know any of these people, I already know they’re uniformly smart, competent, public-spirited, and above-board. What a refreshing change to have real transparency in our government, instead of having the Fox guard the henhouse.

11 Likes

Can’t believe I even noticed this, but –

Intelligence

Carmen Middleton The Walt Disney Company

?

1 Like

I have a close friend on the list and that is exactly how I would describe her.

21 Likes

Well, at least it’s not a LONG list…/s

This should lay to rest any hand-wringing about the Biden Team’s preparedness for Transition.

They have been working on this for quite some time.

Now we await the actual Vetting Committee names for Cabinet and other positions.
That’s where the rubber hits the road.

6 Likes

Ex-Deputy Executive Director of the CIA, currently Director of Strategic Security Ops for Big Mouse.

18 Likes

That’s kind of an awesome career path.

9 Likes

Trump is also providing a list which will be bigger with more beautiful and richer people, the best!, but first he’s going to focus on fighting all the illegality that allowed Democrats (Democrats!!) to vote and, oh yes, infrastructure week.

5 Likes

On that precise topic, as noted a few days ago:

That person is on today’s list:

Federal Reserve, Banking and Securities Regulators

Gary Gensler, Team Lead – [MIT] – Volunteer

Some background:

It might seem surprising that Hillary Clinton picked a former Goldman Sachs guy to manage her campaign finances as CFO and advise her on economic policy, considering all the criticism she gets over her Wall Street ties. But Gary Gensler is no ordinary veteran of the “Government Sachs” cabal. By his own admission, Gensler underwent a major transformation from a Goldman Sachs executive and Rubinite (part of the group of loyalists around former Treasury Secretary and Goldman chief Robert Rubin who deregulated Wall Street in the 1990s) to a true believer in regulation following the 2008 financial crash. “All of us that were involved at the time, and certainly myself, should have done more to protect the American public through aggressive regulation,” he said shortly before he became chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission in the Obama administration, where he would earn praise from liberals for cracking down on derivatives trading.

This year [2016], Gensler, a close ally of Senator Elizabeth Warren, was instrumental in producing what even Bernie Sanders called “the most progressive platform in the history of the Democratic Party”—especially when it came to Gensler’s specialty, Wall Street reform. Among the progressive ideas on the platform are a financial transactions tax to curb excessive speculation, and a possible restoration of rigid Glass-Steagall banking restrictions.

@c_stedman @bonvivant

22 Likes

Representation from Orkin and Terminix shall be assumed on each review team.

6 Likes

Btw, many of these folks were assembled 4 years ago.

7 Likes

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling they didn’t just start compiling this list on November 4th. LOL!

12 Likes

Where is “rich guy I know’s son/daughter”?

3 Likes