Biden-Harris Transition Names Agency Review Teams | Talking Points Memo

They also did not finalize the lists without the imprimatur of one @rascal_crone, acting on behalf of SOROS GROUP International. She managed to keep them from poaching our @castor_troy by substituting his name in the International Affairs arena with that of someone presenting considerably less panache and whole lot more competence.

5 Likes

Aluminum Siding sales are a young manā€™s game.

5 Likes

They have been tasked with assigning Under-Secretaries to everyone in charge of anything important: ā€˜First We Fumigateā€™!

4 Likes

As @txlawyer made explicit, tunning down the list, I figured a fair number of these people are in the positions they took after an earlier career, probably one with direct experience in the area theyā€™ve been appointed to. The only one I could cite off hand is Barb McQuade, who used to be a US Attorney before taking a position teaching law.
To really get their background, weā€™d have to see their resumes.

6 Likes

Many large companies like Disney prefer to recruit career government officials like her.

3 Likes

Joe Biden be like:

8 Likes

When she left the CIA she was its fourth-highest official ā€“ but her expertise is not in operations or highly-secret analysis. She had previously served as Director of the CIAā€™s Open Source Center, and also as the agencyā€™s Chief Diversity Officer. At time of retirement, she was the highest-ranking Latina in the IC.

@mrf @bcgister

7 Likes

Thatā€™s because these lists contain not a single felon, traitor or toady.

14 Likes

Thatā€™s because half of them were under wraps.

The other half was under indictment.

Ba da boom.

15 Likes

If you donā€™t think The Mouse employs spooks then you have been living a sheltered life.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t recognize any of the names on a quick once over. There was reasonable possibility with the security and tech agencies that I would have known someone. (Sadly I was not contacted.)

I just donā€™t trust rodents, is all! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I donā€™t begin to pretend I know who all of these people are, or what their qualifications are. But itā€™s crystal clear that the transition team has been doing a lot of homework to prepare such thorough lists of participants with diverse backgrounds but (apparently) lots of appropriate depth in their fields. It really highlights the importance of having a team that is experienced and committed to the goals of having a government that works properly doing the work of transition.

9 Likes

Trump never knew most of these agencies existed.

17 Likes

Weā€™re going to be in good hands. We just need to hold on until the stupid funhouse ride is over. Because it will end sooner rather than later.

13 Likes

Department of Education
Linda Darling-Hammond, Team Lead

This bodes well for education!

I donā€™t know the other ed folks. But a quick Google search did NOT reveal any big charter school advocates. Fingers crossed we are backing away from that ā€˜solutionā€™ to education reform.

Look forward to informed opinions on this group.

10 Likes

On that noteā€¦

14 Likes

Iā€™m so freaking jealous of every single one of them.

Blessings to you, good people. You are doing the Lordā€™s work.

4 Likes

Have you not heard of the Avengers Initiative?

3 Likes

Trump: anyone who ā€œvolunteersā€ for something is a sucker.

1 Like